ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: M1D Sub replacement?  (Read 5315 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
M1D Sub replacement?
« on: June 07, 2017, 03:09:54 AM »

What are you guys using to fill the place that the M1D Subwoofer fit into, now that it's been discontinued? The 500 HPs are just a bit too big for a couple of rooms that I'm working on. Need a quality powered compact subwoofer.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
Re: M1D Sub replacement?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:24:04 PM »

What are you guys using to fill the place that the M1D Subwoofer fit into, now that it's been discontinued? The 500 HPs are just a bit too big for a couple of rooms that I'm working on. Need a quality powered compact subwoofer.

UMS-1P (or -XP...whatever suits your need).  The new 750-LFC is pretty compact - basically a 21" cube.  Depends on what your size/output requirements are.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 01:12:28 AM »

UMS-1P (or -XP...whatever suits your need).  The new 750-LFC is pretty compact - basically a 21" cube.  Depends on what your size/output requirements are.
Both of those are too big physically. And the 750 is way more output than these two rooms require. A pair of M1D Subs are the perfect solution.

And as it happens I got an email from Meyer and I can still order the M1D subs until September, which will work in my timeline for both of these projects.

But I'm interested in hearing suggestions from other manufacturer's for similar sized and output compact subwoofers. Since the M1D Subs are going to be soon discontinued.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Daniel Ravald

• http://www.hr-av.se
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 03:01:25 AM »

It's not powered, but you should definitely check out Coda TiLOW. It's a compact 12" and it does the job way better than M1D-Sub.

If it's an installation and you don't need tons of output, maybe Genelec 7050B or 7040B will work?

Otherwise, UMS-1P is probably the closest you'll get...
Daniel Ravald
www.ravald.com

Stelios Mac

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 04:00:54 AM »

I doubt there's many powered products out there that would be similar to the Meyer in size and quality.
The RCF TTL12-AS is close size-wise, no idea how it would perform next to the M1D.

At that sort of size, you're mostly looking at subs meant to fly over small-sized line arrays, I'm not aware of many powered ones.
There's a few decent passive options (Including D&B), but I guess you'd be better off with the M1D.

Daniel, isn't the Coda passive?

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 06:04:11 AM »

i was going to point out that the M1D is still available until September this year but it appears Meyer contacted you.  Do keep in mind that the repair parts will be much more limited within a year or two with an end of life product.  I don't know why this is EOL but often this occurs as parts become difficult to obtain.

I have no idea how they would compare sonically but the CSX-LIVE 118 (Martin) is close in size and has significantly higher output capability.  Also around 40% lower retail price. 

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 05:46:11 PM »

Both of those are too big physically. And the 750 is way more output than these two rooms require. A pair of M1D Subs are the perfect solution.

And as it happens I got an email from Meyer and I can still order the M1D subs until September, which will work in my timeline for both of these projects.

But I'm interested in hearing suggestions from other manufacturer's for similar sized and output compact subwoofers. Since the M1D Subs are going to be soon discontinued.
As it happens, I have received word this week from two different Meyer dealers that they were informed that Mayer has decided to not discontinue the M1D Subs at this time, and they will continue to be available.

I wonder if it has anything to do with a flurry or orders coming in for these at the last minute, and not having anything to replace them with? A good decision, nonetheless.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »

I'm surprised to hear that you're ok with the anemic output of the M1D. I've never seen one not running in full limit.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 09:21:35 PM »

It's true the output of the M1D Sub is somewhat anemic compared to larger subwoofers. But, in the applications that I use them they work well. They seem to work well in groups of two or three, and for performance styles that don't need huge chest thumping low end.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

John Chiara

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 11:46:19 PM »

It's true the output of the M1D Sub is somewhat anemic compared to larger subwoofers. But, in the applications that I use them they work well. They seem to work well in groups of two or three, and for performance styles that don't need huge chest thumping low end.
Would the need for 2-3 suggest one better replacement?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 11:46:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.