ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Flooring choices/redesign  (Read 7330 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Flooring choices/redesign
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »

I'm not familiar with those speakers. Do they have a speaker pole mount? You can get a wall mount for pretty cheap that uses the pole mount.

https://on-stage.com/products/view/10735/117087
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »

I'm not familiar with those speakers. Do they have a speaker pole mount? You can get a wall mount for pretty cheap that uses the pole mount.

https://on-stage.com/products/view/10735/117087
The speakers are a bit obscure, but Klipsch has been making versions of it since 1957.  There are versions with pole cups, but ours do not have them. 

Interesting sidenotes - Chipotle Mexican Grill has been installing a custom version of this speaker in their new restaurants since 2010 or so.
Klipsch originally called the speaker the Heresy and actually marketed it to churches under that name. 

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 07:09:16 PM »

I am far more confident about building a shelf to hold up a 38 pound speaker than I am about hanging it.  The most basic shelving components I've looked at are rated for 200lbs when installed correctly (i.e. mounted to studs) and go up from there. 

And nobody bats an eye at an overhead shelf with a hundred pounds of books on it.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 07:20:02 PM »

The speakers are a bit obscure, but Klipsch has been making versions of it since 1957.  There are versions with pole cups, but ours do not have them. 

Interesting sidenotes - Chipotle Mexican Grill has been installing a custom version of this speaker in their new restaurants since 2010 or so.
Klipsch originally called the speaker the Heresy and actually marketed it to churches under that name.

I figured they were some flavor of Klipsch Commercial. They have been around so long I see them everywhere. I just can't recall if any of them had pole cups or not! Lol

It's kinda like Chevy selling the Nova in Mexico. No va = no go in spanish.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 07:38:38 AM »

Each individual book doesn't weight as much as a loudspeaker.

If you have good medical drop a book on your head from about 1 meter up then drop a loudspeaker on your head from about 1 meter up. If you survive you can let us know which one caused the greater injury.

If its above peoples heads it should not be able to fall, this applies to books as well.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 07:38:38 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.