ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Si Impact vs. X32 for volunteer operators  (Read 13470 times)

Nitin Thakur

Re: Si Impact vs. X32 for volunteer operators
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 05:25:44 AM »

X32 any day (between SI Impact & X32)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:30:48 PM by Nitin Thakur »

George Dougherty

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 09:50:45 PM »

QU32 annoyed me coming from the X32 on the console output routing. The outs are what they are labeled and no option to change them. If you want flexible outputs you have to connect some snake boxes. Was a major pain on a venue with an existing Aviom system requiring 16 analog inputs. Had to eat all the groups and mixes to feed the Avioms.  Thankfully it was less of an issue since there were no wedges onstage but it left far less flexibility than I'd want in terms of sub mixing and groups to augment matrix outs in different scenarios.

Tim Barber

• Eastern Washington State
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »

We went for the X32 full size with a Midas DL16 stage box. Still getting things dialed in, but so far I am loving it and have zero regrets. Thanks to everyone for your advice!

Karl Maciag

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 12:25:52 PM »

Seems like I'm in the minority here, but I side with the SI Impact. I have two X32's at my church that both have had issues that have had to be sent in to be fixed, bad buttons, bad faders, etc within the first 3 years of owning both. Not encouraging when the consoles don't travel anywhere, they are installed in one spot. The SI Impact gives more bang for the buck, more input and output capability, and IMO better sound quality. I've installed several SI range consoles since they came out, and haven't had one go down or needing service.

As far as user friendly, they both have their quirks. I find the SI requires less button presses for some common things...like getting to monitor mixes. Patching on the SI can get very deep, but doesn't have to be complicated. I don't like patching on the X32.  Assuming volunteers aren't patching inputs every week, learning the workflow of each is about the same. 

Joel Mevis

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 04:18:24 PM »

+1 for SI Impact especially since they released the V2.0 Firmware last month that now allows up to 80 channels to be mixed.

George Dougherty

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »

Good point. I have had a chance to play with a Qu-32 and had eliminated it for an odd reason: the audible sound of the faders snapping to position is loud enough to be distracting at quiet points in the service. It sounded like someone doing a drum fill with knitting needles on a tabletop :)
Worth noting the qu-32 I worked with didn't snap the faders all the way down to avoid clacking.  Noticed it because I pulled down on some faders and those were slightly out of line from the rest of the fader line which I had pulled all the way down to -inf.  Nagging issue they apparently fixed in an update.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.