ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Chauvet SlimPar Hex 6 not turning off  (Read 5151 times)

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
Problem with Chauvet SlimPar Hex 6 not turning off
« on: May 28, 2017, 02:34:48 AM »

Set up for a show today and have had an issue with a couple of SlimPar Hex 6 irc fitting not always completely turning off when faded out.
Setup is Chauvet Stage Designer 50 - Data stream 4 - 2 x 50 ft DMX cables (one to a tree on either side of the stage) - Slimpar Hex 6 - Slimpar Pro W.
When the scene is faded out, sometimes one or other of the Hex 6's stays on at its lowest level (where as the Pro W always turns off completely).  I have found that  pressing the "Full on" button on the controller, then fading out seems to fix it but that is not practical for a stage show. Also it seems ok when the system first starts.
This is the first time I have had this issue, I have changed cables, re-entered the DMX ch info and am now at a bit of a loss as to what to try next.  First show is in 2 days so any ideas would be gladly accepted.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:42:09 AM by Jonathan Goodall »

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
Re: Problem with Chauvet SlimPar Hex 6 not turning off
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 03:42:49 PM »

If you have a choice of dimmer curve settings, take a look at those settings. It is as if your dimmer isn't going to zero at the fade you have set (albeit only on some of the fixtures). That's my first quess.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 09:21:17 PM »

Both the hex pars are set to dim1 and I did re-select the curve just in case. 

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 09:29:43 PM »

Is it possible to remove the Data Stream, even if just for testing? I don't think it's the source of the problem but it'd be one more thing to rule out. 

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 03:54:25 AM »

Is it possible to remove the Data Stream, even if just for testing? I don't think it's the source of the problem but it'd be one more thing to rule out.
Yes, I could check that out tomorrow, good call thanks.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 07:21:27 AM »

If you have a choice of dimmer curve settings, take a look at those settings. It is as if your dimmer isn't going to zero at the fade you have set (albeit only on some of the fixtures). That's my first quess.

Tried turning off the dimmer curve tonight and didn't seem to have an issue, so maybe that's the problem after all.
Cheers

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 07:43:07 PM »

Glad to hear you got it all worked out!

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 02:35:47 AM »

Glad to hear you got it all worked out!
Hope so, thanks :)

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 02:28:38 AM »

UPDATE: Finished the last three sell-out shows last night, with no further issues. 

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »

UPDATE: Finished the last three sell-out shows last night, with no further issues.

Yay!  Very good news.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Connif Boudoin

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 10:45:09 AM »

Jonathan I have seen something similar in a couple of Chauvet PAR LEDs. It was also the Dimming curve that caused that problem. Seems to be a regular occurrence on these fixtures. The problem we saw was that we were creating a chase and one light would not chase as quickly as the others so it always lagged behind in it's color changes. Set the dimmer curve the same for all fixtures and voila it was all good.

Another thing I came across with some Chauvet T18 slimbank pars was that the IRC remote would not work. A friend bought the same setup and he also had a problem with IRC remote not responding. The manual only tells you to go to set in the led window and set to on. I found out that one more step needed to be done. The Par needed to be left at the sound mode once the IRC mode was activated in the par. No sound mode, no IRC remote. The light would start to go to sound but as soon as you pressed a button on the IRC remote the remote took priority. Sometimes the manuals are just not clear for understanding. I came across this just from messing with it for a while. Couldn't ever get the remote to work.

My second statement was a little off topic but I just wanted to stress that it's not always in the manual and even if it is, it's not always clear as to what they are talking about.

Connif

Set up for a show today and have had an issue with a couple of SlimPar Hex 6 irc fitting not always completely turning off when faded out.
Setup is Chauvet Stage Designer 50 - Data stream 4 - 2 x 50 ft DMX cables (one to a tree on either side of the stage) - Slimpar Hex 6 - Slimpar Pro W.
When the scene is faded out, sometimes one or other of the Hex 6's stays on at its lowest level (where as the Pro W always turns off completely).  I have found that  pressing the "Full on" button on the controller, then fading out seems to fix it but that is not practical for a stage show. Also it seems ok when the system first starts.
This is the first time I have had this issue, I have changed cables, re-entered the DMX ch info and am now at a bit of a loss as to what to try next.  First show is in 2 days so any ideas would be gladly accepted.

Cheers

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 10:45:09 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.