ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ethical dilemma - Fakeheiser mics  (Read 5995 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: Ethical dilemma - Fakeheiser mics
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »

I've sometimes had better luck pointing out all the problems with stuff I'm selling, genuine or not. On flea bay, sometimes you get buyers looking for deals, or thinking, "No, it can't be that bad. Seller doesn't know what he has."

So I'd go full disclosure, and get what you get. Or keep in the pile of iffy mics, next to my Shure BG58...

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 11:33:52 PM »

I've sometimes had better luck pointing out all the problems with stuff I'm selling, genuine or not.
That's how I got rid of my old lawn mower. Parked it by the side of the road with a sign that said FREE and another listing everything wrong with it. Ten minutes later it was gone.

(Why list everything that's wrong? So someone doesn't think they got cheated. Even if it's free, it can become a liability if it's unrepairable and you have to pay to dump it. I've heard it said that nothing is ever truly free.)
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 10:05:11 AM »

That's how I got rid of my old lawn mower. Parked it by the side of the road with a sign that said FREE and another listing everything wrong with it. Ten minutes later it was gone.

(Why list everything that's wrong? So someone doesn't think they got cheated. Even if it's free, it can become a liability if it's unrepairable and you have to pay to dump it. I've heard it said that nothing is ever truly free.)
My town has a free curbside collection of such things once a month... Several years back I carried a few decades worth of accumulated detritus (old computers and the like) to the curb. I started loading it out a day early and by collection time 80% or more had already been carted off by scavengers.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 10:05:11 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.