ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to run Nexia SP with a MacBook  (Read 3659 times)

BrettBarnes

How to run Nexia SP with a MacBook
« on: May 24, 2017, 05:42:23 PM »

Our church has the Nexia SP dsp. The company who did the install engineered the room and settings on the dsp. I would like to access them and see what some of the EQs look like. I could not find a download from Biamp for the Mac. I have Parallels and the Chromium OS system on my Mac, but when I try to open the Nexia software (3.3exe), it says my Windows Virtual Machine is not running...but it is running.
Any ideas for a quick and easy way to see the Nexia SP on a MacBook?
Thanks

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
Re: How to run Nexia SP with a MacBook
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »

Website says windows based systems only.
Even if you get connected on windows, the software is probably locked by the installer.
  call the installer?
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Martin Morris

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 05:53:52 AM »

Our church has the Nexia SP dsp. The company who did the install engineered the room and settings on the dsp. I would like to access them and see what some of the EQs look like. I could not find a download from Biamp for the Mac. I have Parallels and the Chromium OS system on my Mac, but when I try to open the Nexia software (3.3exe), it says my Windows Virtual Machine is not running...but it is running.
Thanks

I'm a little out of touch with Mac's these days but if Parallels isn't allowing an install of an exe? try Boot Camp ...

Cheers
Martin
Dude told me to "go back to where I came from", so I set my tent up on his front lawn ... (unnamed Indian)

Michael Thompson

• Factor Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 02:27:30 AM »

Thanks

I've been doing it since the Biamps came out.  Back then it was with virtual pc on G4s and now I use virtual box on a current macbook pro.  I can't say whats wrong in your case, but it should not be that hard to get it connected.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 08:31:29 AM »

Do you have an actual windows VM setup?  From your post it sounds like you've just got a chromium VM.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 08:31:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.