ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why am i not allowed to have a different name to my email?  (Read 1911 times)

jon smith 100

I can't reply to the thread i created because Mac Kerr has locked it.

So you said i'm not allowed to post because my email name is different to my real name i've used. Am i not allowed to have a different email name to my real name then?

Very confused as to why you would keep blocking me just because my email doesn't match my real name?

Kind regards,

Jon

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Why am i not allowed to have a different name to my email?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 03:06:33 PM »

I can't reply to the thread i created because Mac Kerr has locked it.

So you said i'm not allowed to post because my email name is different to my real name i've used. Am i not allowed to have a different email name to my real name then?

Very confused as to why you would keep blocking me just because my email doesn't match my real name?

Kind regards,

Jon

Never mind why.  Stop quibbling and do what thousands of the rest of us have done.  Simply comply with the rules.  They're egalitarian.

Or are you special?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

jon smith 100

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 03:08:11 PM »

I have done what everyone else has done, I've used my real name!

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »

Mac Kerr is very well respected audio professional and forum moderator. If you can provide him something that shows that Jon Smith is your real name, then he should oblige to unlock you threads. We use real names on this forum to encourage professionalism and prevent abuse from anonymous sources. In my experience, people are generally more likely to use their real name in their email than they are on a forum. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jon smith 100

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:11:55 PM »

But the email i have used doesn't have my name in it. What am i meant to do now?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 03:13:40 PM »

But the email i have used doesn't have my name in it. What am i meant to do now?

Ask the moderator.  He'll walk you through it.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

David Allred

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 03:39:09 PM »

Mr. 100,
If nothing has changed, how are you posting now?  If it is an over cite, repost the thread in question.

PS - What is the origin of that name?  Finish?  Swedish?  Is it pronounced "Hun'-urd"? 

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 05:05:10 PM »

Mr. 100,
If nothing has changed, how are you posting now?  If it is an over cite, repost the thread in question.

PS - What is the origin of that name?  Finish?  Swedish?  Is it pronounced "Hun'-urd"?
It's fair that, per his earlier post, "Jon Smith" was already taken as a Display Name (the limitations of the forums software doesn't allow multiple Display Names, apparently, even if they are attached to different user ID numbers, but I digress). So, adding "100" to the end of it is presumably acceptable.

Because your email (apparently) makes reference to another name, it appears that you might be trying to obfuscate your real name. I would suggest a PM back to Mac with a quick photo of your ID to verify you're really Mr. Smith.

This whole process may seem pedantic, but as Taylor mentioned, it does truly keep the quality of these forums up when we know everyone is who they really say they are! [And, it goes without saying that having an email address that doesn't appear to be yours did lead to this confusion.]

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 05:05:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.