Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

What is the correct way to do this outdoor event

(1/7) > >>

Nick Andrews:
Hi guys,

I am going to be doing a small weekly outdoor event starting next week through the early fall. This is not going to be very high spl , and the gear i'm using is pretty efficient. In fact I normally run it off of 2 circuits without an issue.

System is
rcf nxl24a x 2
rcf 8004as x 2
rcf nx15sma x 4
rcf nx12sma  x 2
plus a small mixer rack , either x32rack or m32r with a few wireless mics.
plus power will be needed for the bands equipment (1 guitar amp, 1 bass amp, keyboards, so on)

The event space is under a building overhang, and is pretty well protected from the elements in case of rain but it is still technically outdoors.

There is only 1) 20 amp circuit available where the performance will be,  I will need to run feeder to a breaker panel where the building engineer said they could tie us in. This approx 200 feet away.

I have in my inventory a amp shop distro, and approx 250 feet of 6/4 soow feeder with CS twist connectors.

My question to you is, what is the correct way to do this?

Many thanks in advance!

David Sturzenbecher:
Edit: Pick up a Honda Inverter generator.

Perhaps you could be a little more specific with your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stephen Swaffer:
Hvae the venue hire an electrician to install the appropriate CS receptacle so you can plug your distro in, would be the ideal way-or the Honda inverter is not a bad idea either.

Jonathan Johnson:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on May 24, 2017, 12:40:23 PM ---Have the venue hire an electrician to install the appropriate CS receptacle so you can plug your distro in, would be the ideal way-or the Honda inverter is not a bad idea either.

--- End quote ---

This is ideal. In the long run, it will be cheaper than having the building engineer (or an electrician) tie you in & out 15 times over the course of the summer.

Tie-ins are fine for one-off events, but for a repeating event, having a cord-and-plug connection is preferable.

Mark Cadwallader:
The voltage drop over 200' of 6/4 awg cable is pretty significant, IIRC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version