ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Avid SC-48???  (Read 12092 times)

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
Re: Avid SC-48???
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 11:40:04 AM »

I've got the D-Live in my theatre right now for a demo, we start tech in a couple hours :)

The D-live is a fantastic kit. Now with a lot of feature requests implemented in v1.4 and 1.5

I have only worked on it a couple of times, and when it was with earlier firmware releases. Joy none the less.
My RTA is always flat.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »

The D-live is a fantastic kit. Now with a lot of feature requests implemented in v1.4 and 1.5

I have only worked on it a couple of times, and when it was with earlier firmware releases. Joy none the less.

First night of tech went well. If I had to find a complaint, I would say that this thing is almost too flexible, but I'm already falling into a workflow that works for me.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »

First night of tech went well. If I had to find a complaint, I would say that this thing is almost too flexible, but I'm already falling into a workflow that works for me.

Does it have the latest firmware? I understand there are some improvements with the scene management that is supposed to make it more theater friendly.

Aisle 6

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 05:38:02 AM »

Does it have the latest firmware? I understand there are some improvements with the scene management that is supposed to make it more theater friendly.

The new firmware for the d-live does indeed make the scene management pretty amazing. Very theatre friendly and also very festival friendly as you can load a single scene from another show file rather than the entire show file.

Peter Morris

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 09:42:59 AM »

The new firmware for the d-live does indeed make the scene management pretty amazing. Very theatre friendly and also very festival friendly as you can load a single scene from another show file rather than the entire show file.
+1 ... the new scene management is excellent.

Kent Clasen

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 10:46:51 AM »

CL5 with Multirack  :D

Agreed, but the price..., even a CL3 with RIO32 is higher $ (and why is there not a RIO48?)...it seems Yamaha has a hole where the M7CL-48 once was lived. The QL5 is lower price than a M7/48 was, and has nice small footprint, but with 32 inputs on board requires a stage box to get to 48.

I wonder if a "QL5 Tour/48" with 48 inputs would help people in the mid market/but acceptable touring console.

George Powell

• http://www.gpaudio.net
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »

I'm not holding my breath. We are doing a console purchase in the next few months, in the "sc48 price range" I've narrowed the list down to the Digico SD9, and the Allen and Heath C3500/CDM48 system. Bump up your price a bit and more options become available.

I've got the D-Live in my theatre right now for a demo, we start tech in a couple hours :)

I went with the c3500/48.  I'm very happy and wait with baited breath for every new upgrade.   They say they have barely touched the processing power. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clair i212
Lab Gruppen
Versarray
VRX
LS9
X32
www.gpaudio.net

State College, Pa 16803

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2017, 07:39:52 PM »

I went with the c3500/48.  I'm very happy and wait with baited breath for every new upgrade.   They say they have barely touched the processing power. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the package I have in the theatre, I am having a great time with it, tonight's show involves 11 monitor mixes, so I get to put it through it's paces on the other side of the split.

I did update the firmware, but not until after my last show was done, just didn't have the balls to do an update while working on a show. The new scene manager does look like an improvement.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »

I did update the firmware, but not until after my last show was done, just didn't have the balls to do an update while working on a show.
Never, ever, ever, update the software in the middle of tech or a show. Always wait until you are dark or at the shop.

*Unless there is a catastrophic failure of some kind and it's a last ditch effort to get the console up and running on site.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 04:51:19 AM »

Never, ever, ever, update the software in the middle of tech or a show. Always wait until you are dark or at the shop.

*Unless there is a catastrophic failure of some kind and it's a last ditch effort to get the console up and running on site.

I accidentally updated the software on a switcher on a fly date. I didn't think it was possible for my asshole to pucker that much in the three minutes it took.  I did not have the right combination of converters to run without the switcher.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 04:51:19 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.