ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avid SC-48???  (Read 12093 times)

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
Re: Avid SC-48???
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 03:52:39 PM »

I accidentally updated the software on a switcher on a fly date. I didn't think it was possible for my asshole to pucker that much in the three minutes it took.  I did not have the right combination of converters to run without the switcher.

Assholes can continue to pucker after the show also...
So with the Vi, if you dont have a mouse, and this pops up. Puckering continues.
My RTA is always flat.

MikeHarris

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 04:55:18 AM »

The QL5 is lower price than a M7/48 was, and has nice small footprint, but with 32 inputs on board requires a stage box to get to 48.

Often overlooked are the 2x MY slots which can expand the local inputs..2xMY8AD can give you 16 more inputs for wireless. None of the cards have mic pres tho so you are correct an additional stage box will be needed to increase the mic count.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 05:32:26 AM »

So with the Vi, if you dont have a mouse, and this pops up. Puckering continues.

Curiosity, can't you use tab and other Windows shortcuts even without the mouse?  Windows embedded is a scary platform for a mixer IMHO. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 07:06:44 AM »

Curiosity, can't you use tab and other Windows shortcuts even without the mouse?  Windows embedded is a scary platform for a mixer IMHO.

I dont know Scott. I have never needed a mouse OR a keyboard with a Vi console, and when this error popped up (corrupt USB drive inserted, post show, a different story) i tried touch, dint work, and the system tech said only possible with mouse. fortunately an SC48 was also at FOH.

Irritatingly, this locks up the console interface, and nothing can be accessed till its removed.

Its on my list to discuss with Soundcraft support, good on this thread, cause it slipped my mind.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 04:17:12 PM by Nitin Sidhu »
My RTA is always flat.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2017, 02:35:11 PM »

Windows embedded is extremely customizable, I wouldn't worry about anything happening that isn't a serious software failure regardless of os
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 04:16:46 PM »

I have had console failures with all 3 major console OSs - Windows Embeded, Linux, Yamaha but none where the OS itself was the issue.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bryan Hargrave

• I'm one jammin' dude.
    • Soundworks of VA, Inc
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »

IP conflict on VI series will also present a pop up. Lucky for me I always have a wireless mouse in my gig bag. I took care of my first warning just seconds. After that I got some uber cheap mice for each of my Vi consoles. Just in case.
Like us on facebook at Soundworks of VA, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.