ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer - yes - Behringer. XR mixer  (Read 24560 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Behringer - yes - Behringer. XR mixer
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »

Just sat down for a my first break since 3.00pm
It arrived today...
1st thing  - I upgraded the firmware - I had to because the Mixing Station app did not recognize the device without it.
I have been running the device off both the iPad X Air app and the Android Mixing Station app and "By George - I think she's got it!"..

I have already loaded and saved a few scenes - common ones I already use in the QU -and I have saved the custom settings on the Mixing Station app. Although each step takes me a few extra seconds to think about,  I am getting around everything quite easily on both tablets and I think I might enjoy using the XR18 from time to time. Only thing is 2 of the guys will have to use mono iems due to lack of aux outs. Not too bad a trade off I think overall.
The FX (especially the verbs) are interesting - not bad - just different to what I am used to.

I haven't had to use an external router yet which makes things a little easier and neater at home than having to break out the router each time I want to iPad mix... so the 2.4ghz built in WAP does come in handy.
Fun....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jay Marr

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 08:40:06 PM »

Just sat down for a my first break since 3.00pm
It arrived today...
1st thing  - I upgraded the firmware - I had to because the Mixing Station app did not recognize the device without it.
I have been running the device off both the iPad X Air app and the Android Mixing Station app and "By George - I think she's got it!"..

I have already loaded and saved a few scenes - common ones I already use in the QU -and I have saved the custom settings on the Mixing Station app. Although each step takes me a few extra seconds to think about,  I am getting around everything quite easily on both tablets and I think I might enjoy using the XR18 from time to time. Only thing is 2 of the guys will have to use mono iems due to lack of aux outs. Not too bad a trade off I think overall.
The FX (especially the verbs) are interesting - not bad - just different to what I am used to.

I haven't had to use an external router yet which makes things a little easier and neater at home than having to break out the router each time I want to iPad mix... so the 2.4ghz built in WAP does come in handy.
Fun....

When I had the XR18, I would bring it out every once in a while, just for something different.  I'm guessing you'll find yourself doing it from time to time as well....because playing with new gear is fun!
Agreed that the built in Wifi is excellent around the house, just plug the little black box in, and you're ready to roll!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2017, 12:08:34 AM »

Hi Debby

You lost me. What problem are you trying to solve by moving from a platform you have working well for you to something completely different?
A small, 16 ch desk is now too big for a backup? Ok, sell it and get another QUPac?

Or, is it just GAS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2017, 08:52:14 AM »

Just a thought - as you now have QU and XR - you might want to try using Mixing Station for QU.  Depending on how you find it, it would give you the benefit of a single app for both products.

On the other hand, maybe it's helpful to have more significantly different apps, to ensure you remember which product you're using?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2017, 09:47:42 AM »

Hi Debby

You lost me. What problem are you trying to solve by moving from a platform you have working well for you to something completely different?
A small, 16 ch desk is now too big for a backup? Ok, sell it and get another QUPac?

Or, is it just GAS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know Rob....it seems weird I know.
Bringing a tiny box as back-up to shows appealed to me.
I wanted to give the XR a shot for various practical reasons - size, price etc but also to broaden my horizons and check out the competition a bit.
The QUSB was the obvious choice but I fancied a change I suppose. GAS might be involved here too.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2017, 09:51:54 AM »

Just a thought - as you now have QU and XR - you might want to try using Mixing Station for QU.  Depending on how you find it, it would give you the benefit of a single app for both products.

On the other hand, maybe it's helpful to have more significantly different apps, to ensure you remember which product you're using?
I already have and use the mixing station app for QU - it is on my Samsung 18" tablet.  When I get room I use it but often I just use the iPad for convenience in smaller places.  So I do have a familiarity with the MS app - this helped me get going yesterday ....although the 2 apps are quite different to support the 2 different platforms.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2017, 02:25:47 PM »

If you don't need to use all of the fx you can use one of them as a submix for an extra iem while also utilizing the headphone output.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »

I think the XR has 2.4 but no 5,  Dual band is a nice thing. 
Carry two of them.  They can always be plugged up quick. 

Go to the behringer pages and request alternate faces.  changing the face colors to be sun friendly may help. 

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2017, 06:34:10 PM »

If you don't need to use all of the fx you can use one of them as a submix for an extra iem while also utilizing the headphone output.

I can ???...... ooooh.

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2017, 09:03:46 PM »

I can ???...... ooooh.

The Behringer P16m system can solve your iem problems.  16 ultranet channels per mixer with full control of pan, eq, limiter etc. per channel, reasonable price.  Frees up mix busses for other functions, if needed.

-Tim T

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2017, 09:03:46 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.