ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer - yes - Behringer. XR mixer  (Read 24837 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Behringer - yes - Behringer. XR mixer
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »

Having lots of fun customizing everything on both tablets.

One thing I have noticed....

I couldn't understand why I was getting so much noise and hissing from the mixer through the headphones even with good gain structure and was concerned that this was the 'noisier than some' pre amps that folks had mentioned.
However, it seems to be caused when the fader is up but not connected to a source on an adjacent channel to the one actually being used. So if my mic is plugged into channel 1 for example and I have channel 2 fader up with nothing connected, channel 2 will cause horrible hissing sound in relation to fader level.
If I connect a mic to channel 2, and remove mic from channel 1 then channel 1 will cause a hissing sound. If I plug mics into both channels, no hissing sound. But now it occurs on channel 3.

Maybe this is normal because usually one wouldn't necessarily have a fader up on an unused channel but I have never noticed it before.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2017, 01:22:54 PM »

The Behringer P16m system can solve your iem problems.  16 ultranet channels per mixer with full control of pan, eq, limiter etc. per channel, reasonable price.  Frees up mix busses for other functions, if needed.

-Tim T

Thanks Tim but I'm keeping the cost down on this investment so I'll just make do with what I have... nice to know I have the option though.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2017, 01:31:41 PM »

I think the XR has 2.4 but no 5,  Dual band is a nice thing. 
Carry two of them.  They can always be plugged up quick. 

Go to the behringer pages and request alternate faces.  changing the face colors to be sun friendly may help.

I always take my 2 Airport Expresses with me to shows so I'll not even attempt the built in WAP in the field. Nice to test things out with though.

Ironically....... I have problems sometimes staying connected to the Samsung when used live with the QU PAC and QU16 but the iPod is rock solid. This has been the case since the beginning but is far less of a problem these days since I took the advice of folks here regarding WAP client set up on the Samsung. But it still happens once in a while - I have learned to live with it as it never affects the show.
HOWEVER, I haven't had a single drop out in the few days I've been playing with the 2 apps using the 2.4ghz.
I realize that I am sitting within a few feet of the mixer and I don't have the wifi traffic I would have at a show but that seems to make no difference when I use the Samsung tablet with the QU mixers. The Samsung seems to prefer the XR18 to the QU's ( or the other way round)

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2017, 02:00:09 PM »

The two hi-z inputs becomes noisy if they aren't terminated. This is normal behavior due to thermal noise...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »

The two hi-z inputs becomes noisy if they aren't terminated. This is normal behavior due to thermal noise...

Thanks Robert..
The 2 channels I quoted were as examples, it happens to all of the channels when open and the fader is up. Channel 3 does the same thing and it is not hi-z.... although not quite as bad.
I have just never really noticed before - not to this extent anyway. Its not a problem I suppose as I just know to keep the faders down when not in use - which I do anyway.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2017, 06:24:03 PM »

I hit a problem I think.

I got everything finished up regarding all my scenes and settings - then came time to check out the auxes and get the gain structure right there..... I  connected up my aux outs to my iem transmitters.
I can't get aux 1 to work.

I have metering showing at the output side... I have checked all the obvious - cables etc. Also, routing and patching. I even started from a blank console setting just to see if I had changed something on one of my saved shows but still couldn't find it.
Auxes 2-6 work fine but not aux 1.

Any suggestions before I start to cry???
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:41:49 PM by Debbie Dunkley »

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2017, 07:09:25 PM »

I hit a problem I think.

I got everything finished up regarding all my scenes and settings - then came time to check out the auxes and get the gain structure right there..... I  connected up my aux outs to my iem transmitters.
I can't get aux 1 to work.

I have metering showing at the output side... I have checked all the obvious - cables etc. Also, routing and patching. I even started from a blank console setting just to see if I had changed something on one of my saved shows but still couldn't find it.
Auxes 2-6 work fine but not aux 1.

Any suggestions before I start to cry???

Email me your .scn file and I'll take a look

first name dot last name at gmail dot com - no spaces

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2017, 07:25:07 PM »

Email me your .scn file and I'll take a look

first name dot last name at gmail dot com - no spaces

David - I SO wish I knew where to find that. I appreciate the offer of help... can you give me a nod ?

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2017, 07:51:50 PM »

David - I SO wish I knew where to find that. I appreciate the offer of help... can you give me a nod ?

From a laptop or mac, save the scene to a location you know and then email it.  AFAIK you can't do this from a tablet.

Check out your routing tabs.  I'm betting you have a wrong box ticked.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2017, 08:13:57 PM »

From a laptop or mac, save the scene to a location you know and then email it.  AFAIK you can't do this from a tablet.

Check out your routing tabs.  I'm betting you have a wrong box ticked.
Got it ... sending

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2017, 08:13:57 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.