ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: best for the money led leko?  (Read 7066 times)

Scott Hofmann

Re: best for the money led leko?
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 09:47:25 AM »

One other thing that might be considered: how long of a service life will any LED fixture have? Not just the LED emitters themselves but the power supply, driver board, fans (if used). Which manufacturer will be able to supply repair parts and for how long after the sale? Some manufacturers excel at parts and service, others not so much. Once the product is discontinued, can you get any parts?

We are used to 40+ years of service from incandescent fixtures. They just keep going with only lamps and a socket replacement. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:19:52 AM by Scott Hofmann »
Scott Hofmann

Steve Kosiba

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 11:41:29 AM »

I've had great experiences with the Chauvet E-190WW and E-910FC units freelancing for an event company that owns dozens (maybe hundreds by now) of both.  The E-190WWs sometimes get stuck in "dimmer" mode and won't listen to DMX so you have to give them a factory reset and then they'll listen to DMX again.  I've found them to not play well with other brands of lights in the DMX line if you have a dozen or more of them as well, so make sure to use an optosplitter.  However, I've had that problem with many other manufacturers' lights.  I absolutely love the dimming on these, and the colors of the 910FC are absolutely amazing.  I've been really impressed by how bright they are in pastels, mostly because the lime *and* amber are able to mix some really great different colors with the RGB.  Nice lights for sure.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 11:41:29 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 24 queries.