ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft SI Exp 3' mini stage box on MADI and SI Exp 1 as side stage monitor  (Read 2364 times)

Mal Brown

So ...   this config looks like I can put the si3 at FOH and the SI1 as side stage storage.  Do I have that right ?
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Jeff Hague

• Richmond Pro Audio

So ...   this config looks like I can put the si3 at FOH and the SI1 as side stage storage.  Do I have that right ?

Are you trying to run both - 1 for FOH and 1 for Monitors - with a Mini Stagebox shared between them?
Yes, you can do that. 1 will control the head amps and send each channel direct out over MADI to the other. With D.O.G.S you can reduce the chance that changing the head amp gain at 1 console changes the gain at the other. Also, if you are using the AES outputs on the stagebox you can have some issues with the MADI channels used between the boards.
Other than that though it can work quite well.

Mal Brown

Yep.  No need for the aes outputs as we can output directly from the SI 1  positioned side stage.  My super tech, FOH guy worked on the config today while I was chasing work.  Seems like it should be a dunk.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Jeff Hague

• Richmond Pro Audio

Yep.  No need for the aes outputs as we can output directly from the SI 1  positioned side stage.  My super tech, FOH guy worked on the config today while I was chasing work.  Seems like it should be a dunk.

If the SI1 is your monitor board you'll only get outputs for the monitors there. Outputs for FOH will have to come from the stagebox and that means the SI3 will need to be the 1 controlling the stagebox. The caveat there is you'll need to dial in gains at FOH before you can check your monitors. Its not a huge deal but different from how most folks are used to working.

Mal Brown

Yep.  I tend to build a good deal of budget into gigs for tuning, ringing out.  So hopefully that will suffice.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA

Make sure to visit the Soundcraft web site. The solution for what you're doing is well covered and very well documented, including some simple steps people tend to forget. And don't forget to check out the D.O.G.S.

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.