ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: BBE 382i with Mackie Thump 12's and Thump 18s Subwoofer  (Read 9982 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: BBE 382i with Mackie Thump 12's and Thump 18s Subwoofer
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 03:32:52 PM »

I think he was referring to that guy's video, not your joke, lol! At least that's how it seems to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did, thanks and that was what I was commenting on.  Been on the sidelines of conversations where some "experienced" person is trying to impart his knowledge on some skulls full of mush.  Basically witnessed that video live.  It's so hard to keep your mouth shut. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

jesseweiss

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »

Echoing Scott's comment, OP should sell all of this equipment and start fresh. The Thumps go into Limit really easily and the Sonic Maximizer is all marketing while really messes with the signal chain.

Yup, even for those that can only afford lower end stuff Thumps are not worth it at all.  EV ZLX, Yamaha DBR, and even the Alto TS212 are much better options.

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »

I did, thanks and that was what I was commenting on.  Been on the sidelines of conversations where some "experienced" person is trying to impart his knowledge on some skulls full of mush.  Basically witnessed that video live.  It's so hard to keep your mouth shut.

My mistake, Scott. My apologies.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 06:35:25 PM »

One of the problems with "empowering the people".  You also empower the idiots.  Sometimes looking up something on YouTube can be handy for fixing something and seeing where all the screws are.  But sometimes it's scary.

Brian_Henry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »

The video is both hilarious and horrifying at the same time.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 08:02:43 PM »

One of the problems with "empowering the people".  You also empower the idiots.  Sometimes looking up something on YouTube can be handy for fixing something and seeing where all the screws are.  But sometimes it's scary.

A recent thread about training asked for U-boob links.  One of my crew saw my reply and wanted to know why I was so "against" that source.  It's the "empowering" of idiots, liars and dispensers of mis/dis-information that receive the same validation as those who speak truth, science and the Audio Way.  If someone is looking for basic info that person probable does not possess a sufficiently tuned Bullshit Detector to know when the proverbial string is being jerked.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Allred

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 07:59:57 AM »

Yup, even for those that can only afford lower end stuff Thumps are not worth it at all.  EV ZLX, Yamaha DBR, and even the Alto TS212 are much better options.
But with a name like "Thump", it has to be good.

Tom Burgess

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 11:35:35 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ATZQEnbWsk

There's a "conversation" going on in the comments of this one that's pretty entertaining.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

Guy Graham

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 11:58:01 AM »

The video is both hilarious and horrifying at the same time.

How about a blind man offering Seismic Audio advice on improving the cabinet design of some cheap powered speaker?

Apparently it's "fully fan-forced inside", which must be reassuring to those customers tired of the old voluntary boxes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxF_VctbXQ0

500 Watts RMS, what am I gonna do with that? Apparently he makes peoples head's hurt! I've no troubling believing the hype...

Somewhere there's a hospital missing a patient!

Brian_Henry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 06:20:22 PM »

How about a blind man offering Seismic Audio advice on improving the cabinet design of some cheap powered speaker?

Apparently it's "fully fan-forced inside", which must be reassuring to those customers tired of the old voluntary boxes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxF_VctbXQ0

500 Watts RMS, what am I gonna do with that? Apparently he makes peoples head's hurt! I've no troubling believing the hype...

Somewhere there's a hospital missing a patient!

Lol. He practically climaxes over them. Then after a 4 minute tour of the rear panel (he really likes that on/off switch), it finally comes out he's a dealer. Pfft. At least I now know that JBL sucks...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 06:20:22 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.