ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Power Strip Fail  (Read 839 times)

Daniel Levi

Re: Another Power Strip Fail
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:25 am »

I think it's U.K. 230 volt...

Don't think it's uk as our plugs don't have cables exiting from the rear (unless it's an adaptor and even that's rare).
Looks Australian to me.

But you do have to wonder what goes into someone's mind when the dream this stuff up.

And for holidays if the voltage is the same just get a multiplug extension lead (with a suitably rated mains flex) and replace the inlet plug with the destinations type (i.e. for UK -> France/Germany get a BS1363 extension remove the British plug an replace with a CEE7/7).
This is much better than a poorly made wobbly adaptor plug and you are more guaranteed of correct earthing, current capacity and that both the plug and outlets are correctly sized/fit properly.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 09:45:13 am »

Yes just plug in a 100 volt Zener  like the phantom power for the DI or mic.s   using 9 or 12 volt zener.   Right ?

http://www.newark.com/solid-state/1n3340b/zener-diode-50w-100v-do-5/dp/10P4975?CMP=KNC-GUSA-GEN-KWL&mckv=|pcrid|190495156494|&gclid=CNGkvsXJ-dMCFQ94fgodHGgMmg

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 12:35:31 pm »

At least their using actual APPLE brand power supplies. Not those dangerous Chinese knock-offs...  :D

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  On Apple supplies, the apple logo is reverse embossed into the plastic, but is not colored differently than the white of the shell.  The one in the photo appears to have the apple logo painted on in grey.  To me, that screams Chinese knockoff.  Those are the ones that sell for $29 on Amazon instead of $79. The customer doesn't know the difference, until the supply blows up their computer, or the supply melts, both of which I've seen happen.
Brian Jojade

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #13 on: Today at 02:12:09 am »

I think it's an Australian plug.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 19 queries.