ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 1950's Westinghouse refridgerator  (Read 8052 times)

Barry Singleton

Re: 1950's Westinghouse refridgerator
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 11:37:43 PM »

First, you'd have to find some R-12 to put in it.  Probably best used as a prop.

R12 is still available commercially. No big deal there.

I would love an old fridge with the comp and coil on top.

Barry.
If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »

My 1st paying gig was for Asleep at the Wheel in the mid to late 70's.  Mains were four EV15B loaded shop built folded horns with EV SM120/1832(?) drivers and T35 tweeters.  The monitors were 10" 2-ways made out of 12" wide shelving material using 10" Eminence woofers and T35's.  The mixer was 2 Neptune (later NSI) 8 channels units bolted together.  The rig was biamped with a "kit" crossover and Phase Linear 400 and 700 amps.

My PA "experience" goes back even further starting with a Atlas(?) CHB35 35watt tube mixer and column speakers with 6 x 4" drivers and proceeded through early home built cabs, Altec A7's (too bulky to fit in the car), Kustom PA with "tuck and roll" columns, Plush 3 x 15" "padded Naugahyde" cabs with Atlas "Banshee" horns, and Sunn Colosseum series gear.  What a long strange trip its been.   

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »

My 1st paying gig was for Asleep at the Wheel in the mid to late 70's.  Mains were four EV15B loaded shop built folded horns with EV SM120/1832(?) drivers and T35 tweeters.  The monitors were 10" 2-ways made out of 12" wide shelving material using 10" Eminence woofers and T35's.  The mixer was 2 Neptune (later NSI) 8 channels units bolted together.  The rig was biamped with a "kit" crossover and Phase Linear 400 and 700 amps.

My PA "experience" goes back even further starting with a Atlas(?) CHB35 35watt tube mixer and column speakers with 6 x 4" drivers and proceeded through early home built cabs, Altec A7's (too bulky to fit in the car), Kustom PA with "tuck and roll" columns, Plush 3 x 15" "padded Naugahyde" cabs with Atlas "Banshee" horns, and Sunn Colosseum series gear.  What a long strange trip its been.

So Don, was your PA system also a Westinghouse refrigerator?  Check the thread....
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 07:32:45 PM »

I'm needing to sell a 100% functioning circa-1950 Westinghouse refrigerator.  It is still in use.

Does anyone know or could recommend a company/organization/individual that is interested in "vintage" appliances?  I would like to sell the "fridge" to someone who is possibly a collector or to someone who would enjoy restoring it (i.e needs painting).  The fridge was purchased (used) for $15 in 1960 and has been in use in my family since then.

The refrigerator is located just outside of Kansas City (on the KS side).

Thanks.

Hmm I wonder if it would go well with my 1950's stove..?

Douglas R. Allen

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »

Hmm I wonder if it would go well with my 1950's stove..?

Douglas R. Allen
NICE!

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 05:11:48 AM »

NICE!

My home was built in 1952 and this could very well be the stove that first went in it. I have all the papers and the meat probe etc. Everything still works great and I use it all the time. Sure don't make them like this anymore. Seems like it has an 1/8 inch thick enamel paint job on it.

Douglas R. Allen

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 06:51:51 AM »

I'm still using some QSC pa amps that were made in 1982. I have a 1973 and 1974 Fender Twin Reverb that work just fine. Just because its old dont mean it aint good.

is it an "ice box" or a refrigerator ?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 03:46:39 PM »

My home was built in 1952 and this could very well be the stove that first went in it. I have all the papers and the meat probe etc. Everything still works great and I use it all the time. Sure don't make them like this anymore. Seems like it has an 1/8 inch thick enamel paint job on it.

Douglas R. Allen

Funny this is yuppie's pay good money for "retro" appliances styled like that.  It's in awesome shape.

That is the original enamel?  My 4 year old stove isn't in that nice of a shape!

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 04:54:21 PM »

Funny this is yuppie's pay good money for "retro" appliances styled like that.  It's in awesome shape.

That is the original enamel?  My 4 year old stove isn't in that nice of a shape!

100 percent as it was the day it was put in. I've been here 18 years. Every time I think about taking it to the land fill to save room I look at the current crop of stoves and change my mind. Just to cool of a stove to throw away right now. It is big though!

Douglas R. Allen

John Fruits

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 04:58:24 PM »

As a(n) homage to the word police, much like sound people have the polarity vs phase issue and the lighting people have the bulb vs lamp issue, among kitchen people that is a RANGE not a STOVE dagnabbit.
In other kitchen retro, does anyone remember the Servel gas refrigerators?  How about the 4 burner ranges where one of the burners was recessed into the top and had a stockpot insert.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 04:58:24 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 25 queries.