ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning PRX speakers  (Read 1121 times)

Steve Garris

Re: Cleaning PRX speakers
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 12:43:22 am »

I use soap & water or sometimes a spray cleaner (nothing with ammonia in it). I specifically use a dark towel to clean with (no visible lint), and wipe it clean with clear water.

For touch up I use Rust-oleum "Painters Touch" in semi-gloss black. I use this with a small brush, sometimes rubbing it in to the paint for a more invisible blend. It is a very good match IMO to the stock finish.

It looks like they've changed the formula, adding "Ultra Cover" to the name:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Painter-s-Touch-32-oz-Ultra-Cover-Semi-Gloss-Black-General-Purpose-Paint-1974502/100208855

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 05:44:31 am »

Any similar tips for cleaning composite cabinets?

Doug Maye

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 08:17:19 pm »

I've been using Armor All for years. All of my old MRX still series look new

Scott Holtzman

• River Delta Audio
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 10:42:16 pm »

I've been using Armor All for years. All of my old MRX still series look new

Doug,  How many gigs do you do with these speakers?  Are you the only person using them?  We have cased up speakers reserved for wedding/corporate events and it's all I can do to keep the guys from dinging them up. 

I am fairly jealous of your ability to keep your gear looking new.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman
River Delta Audio is now:

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Stephen Snipes

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 08:56:10 am »

Any similar tips for cleaning composite cabinets?

Good question!  Luckily my ZXa5 stay in cases unless they are being used so they still look new but I'd love to clean them up some.  I do keep dust down with a microfiber cloth and this $1 electronic spray from Dollar Tree (yes it actually work well)

Doug Maye

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 07:58:42 am »

Scott, I'm anal as all get out when it comes to maintaining equipment. Might have something to do with detailing cars in high school to pick up some extra cash. Never bought or built boxes for the MRX's but I have about 30 old movers blankets and strap everything down in a trailer. I'd say that the MRX's have about 60 gigs on the but a good share are weddings. Much easier than bar gigs.

Scott Holtzman

• River Delta Audio
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 02:50:34 pm »

Scott, I'm anal as all get out when it comes to maintaining equipment. Might have something to do with detailing cars in high school to pick up some extra cash. Never bought or built boxes for the MRX's but I have about 30 old movers blankets and strap everything down in a trailer. I'd say that the MRX's have about 60 gigs on the but a good share are weddings. Much easier than bar gigs.

Agree but 60 gigs is about two quarters of work for rental inventory.   That was my point.  The whole moving blanket and straps this is workflow I can't even image.  If it's not me or my partner I have a hard time not getting the guys to toss monitors on top of $800 blizzard fixtures so those came out of the soft cases and all now travel in drum hardware cases.  Pushed the mini-van pack to the limit.

We keep two pairs of kw-122's in road cases as wedding/corporate speakers.  They look brand new.  The other stuff is on constant touch up and patch cycles.  Even with the cases they still get dinged and the grills get banged in.  The occasional sub roles into traffic too but that's another thread.

I totally respect taking care of gear like that.  It's just so opposite of the life that rental inventory lives.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman
River Delta Audio is now:

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Stephen Snipes

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 10:18:09 am »

Goo Gone leaves and oily sheen.

Warm water and Murphy's oil soap does a nice job.  It's also my standard pre-paint degrease regime.

it worked well for us.  Didn't notice it to be any more oily than it was before.  we applied it to the microfiber towel then wiped it down then wiped it back off using a warm microfiber towel.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 19 queries.