ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: QL5 Network Audio Module Failed - Dante Via  (Read 12593 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: QL5 Network Audio Module Failed - Dante Via
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 05:55:31 PM »

I'm curious, do you have any links? Never seen any issues myself in...
No. Talked to several people in person at a couple of training events.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 08:52:33 AM »

Quick update:

Problem occurs under the same circunstances with a diferent console:

QL1 this time (same firmware versions)
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 05:23:49 PM »

I had this same problem occur yesterday with my CL5. Had to reboot about 4 times before it operated as normal.

Also had a weird problem with QLab or DVS that I have never had before. Doing playback for a dance recital with QLab, via DVS into my CL5, in between music numbers, QLab decided to puke all over itself, and started spitting out hard static along with the music. It sounded like QLab or DVS changed sample rates between music numbers. I've never had that problem with DVS or QLab before. And it worked all day long, from about 8:30 am, through rehearsal, and the first two shows of the day, until the last two numbers of the second recital, about 9 hours total uptime. Had to do a full reboot of the computer and the console between shows and then it worked fine again.

Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 07:43:30 PM »

I had this same problem occur yesterday with my CL5. Had to reboot about 4 times before it operated as normal.

Ouch. Sad to ear that, Justice.

I was wondering if this problem would happen with DVS also. Not good news. I imagine a whole lot more people rely on DVS than Via nowadays.

I actually approached a gentleman from Audinate at the AES convention in Berlin this Monday and detailed my problem. He told me I was the third person reporting such problems, so they were starting to take it seriously; not just some isolated incident due to a wierd configuration. According to him they are taking steps to replicate the glitch with the gear they have in their offices down under, as he has no CL/QL gear available in the UK and can't reproduce the bug with other Brooklyn II hardware.

I won't be crossing paths with Yamaha consoles for the next couple of weeks, as festival season is starting here in Barcelona and I'll be running AVIDs but some coleagues will. I'll try to warn them and see if we can learn more.

Funny your four reboot cycles made it good again... I rebooted many, many times when it first happened to me and still got to same message, even when not playing from Spotify; audio from Soundbyte also made it crash.

d
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »

This all just happened on Sunday and yesterday, and we've moved on to a Broadway tour this week so I haven't had time to trouble shoot any more.

I'm going to do some experimenting and then send a long detailed email to Yamaha, Figure 53 and Audinate. I'm 97% sure it's a problem with DVS.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Ade Stuart

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »

I saw this recently on a QL1 ver 4.1, redundant network connected to a Rio1608. No switches, no DVS, no VIA. Console had just been reset and defaulted to daisy chain mode (why default to this?) Changing the QL1 to redundant mode and rebooting seemed to fix the problem.

[email protected]

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 11:43:51 PM »

Image is from a QL5 console.

Redundant network with two switches (Netgear GS108Ev2 primary, GS108Tv2 sexondary), three ULXD4D units via Dante, and my Windows PC running Dante Via. All firmware versions latest.

Crash happens when playing audio from Spotify app using Dante Via. I usually run one instance of VLC for walk-in music and SoundByte for jingles, stings and what not. Smaart 8 also patched to and from QL5.

This time also patched Spotify. Playing audio from it was good until it was not, then message showed up. Red system "LED" in Dante Setup page until rebooted.

Somehow, Dante audio still managed to get to and from console because the wireless receivers still worked fine. So did Smaart, and VLC. And after some silence, so did Spotify.

I've been running Via for a while now on my Dell M4800 laptop, most of the time without flaws. Different thing before this show is that laptop network driver got updated.

There's a similar dormant (since 2015) thread here in the forums involving CL5s with similar (not the same) message, that ended up with users replacing Brooklyn cards in the console's. Hopefully it's not the case here. Decided to start a new thread because my feeling is the issues are related to Dante Via or my PC's network card.

Anybody saw this red box before? Under what circumstances?

Googling the whole text only got me to the PDF instructions accompanying the console's firmware.

Cheers

Diogo

Sent from my Xylophone using Tapatalk...

I have received this warning often recently.  Seems to have started sometime after v4 updates to the consoles.  All hardware has been Yamaha 4.10 and Dante 3.10.0.19.
I agree that it appears to be related to Dante Via.  I can usually replicate it by quitting the app. providing the audio source while Via is mounted to the console or stopping Via while mounted.  Sometimes happens when yanking the Ethernet cable from the computer.
Depending on the Fates, I can sometimes reboot the Brooklyn card from Dante Controller and get happy green synch. light back and sometimes it actually requires power cycling the console.
One very weird thing I have noticed with Via is that, even when Via is in the "stopped" state, it will mount to the console.  That seems like it should not be the case if the network driver is stopped.  Laptop in question has always been a MacBook Pro, model before USB-C.
Another thing I've noticed is that when this happens audio will still pass through RIOs and the console still mixes.  I just can't patch, mount/dismount, or change Dante settings from the console.  Interesting too is that Yamaha R Remote still controls the RIOs and, in the middle of a show day when this happened I was able to make it to the next meal break by running the RIOs from R Remote.

Bottom line, this does seem to be related to mounting Via on the console.  I never saw this from DVS, although I switched from DVS to Via about the beginning of the year.  Perhaps it is related to OS X?  I am running El Cap and have not been motivated to upgrade as it has been working very well for my needs.

I hope Audinate can track it down and push an update.  That red box sure puckers the ol' backside.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 02:29:05 AM »

Here's a quick question for us that are seeing this: Is DVS or Via mounted in the I/O rack section on the console, where the RIOs and TIOs, etc are mounted? I've seen DVS show up mounted there and also not show up mounted there ( and it still works when it doesn't show up).

My DVS from our newMac Pro shows up there and is also when we started having this problem.

Also, what Operating system are we all running from the computer when it happens? Running OSX Sierra, 10.12.something in our Mac Pro.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2017, 03:21:31 PM »

Bumping this thread.

I am absolutely sure that this is a problem with Dante Virtual Soundcard. Had this same problem again today when I booted up our newMac Pro to use DVS with QLab, and as soon as DVS starts, this "Network Audio Module Failed" message comes up. Have to reboot the console and RIOs twice to get everything to be recognized on the network, after shutting down DVS. The Focusrite Red 4Pre and HD32R that we are using do not seem to produce this error.

I have some dark time for the next three weeks so I'm going to start collecting information and start beating on both Yamaha and Audinate to see what the problem is.

FWIW, I have not seen this occur (yet) when running DVS on my Windows laptop.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Leland Green

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 07:41:38 PM »

Bumping this thread.

I am absolutely sure that this is a problem with Dante Virtual Soundcard. Had this same problem again today when I booted up our newMac Pro to use DVS with QLab, and as soon as DVS starts, this "Network Audio Module Failed" message comes up. Have to reboot the console and RIOs twice to get everything to be recognized on the network, after shutting down DVS. The Focusrite Red 4Pre and HD32R that we are using do not seem to produce this error.

I have some dark time for the next three weeks so I'm going to start collecting information and start beating on both Yamaha and Audinate to see what the problem is.

FWIW, I have not seen this occur (yet) when running DVS on my Windows laptop.

Hi Justice,

Spoke to one of our Tech Support guys about this.  In his experience, re-flashing the Console firmware and Dante Firmware (using Dante Update Manager), has fixed the problem.  Even though it is not in the update instructions, I usually initialize the console and Rio after updating.  Let me know if that works.

Leland
Leland Green
Training Manager, Technical Marketing Group
Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 07:41:38 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.