ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EV ZX1 / ZX1A + Sub(s) for portable live sound  (Read 1313 times)

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
Re: EV ZX1 / ZX1A + Sub(s) for portable live sound
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 09:15:26 am »

I am very familiar with the Combinator and have used it on my own X32.  I am just curious how and why the OP is using it.

Eric du Toit

Re: EV ZX1 / ZX1A + Sub(s) for portable live sound
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 10:28:19 am »

I am very familiar with the Combinator and have used it on my own X32.  I am just curious how and why the OP is using it.

Hi - so sorry for the late late reply but I wanted to answer your question and follow up after having used this system for ~3 months and give a few more details about it.

Microphones
We went with the following microphones:
  • 2 - Sennheiser e865 (mom & dad vocals)
  • 4 - Sennheiser e935 (girls/daughters vocals)
  • 2 - Sennheiser e835 (spare/extra)
  • 2 - Rode M3
  • 2 - C1000

The microphone choices were partly on budget and partly on what I already had.  I don't mind having different mics between me and the girls, they've exceeded my expectations in every way.  Same thing with the M3 and C1000s - when reasonably EQ'd, they sound more than adequate for what we need.

We added Connie's Covers (find on eBay or Facebook) for every speaker, sub, and bass amp - I feel they are worth the money and well made for traveling.  The Kopul mic cords and K&M Stands I already mentioned were great ideas and I'm glad I upgraded to something more road-worthy.

On to the combinator - I got the idea here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJKdk2ZNFx8.  I wasn't 100% sure about it, but I was willing to try it.  After 3 months, I like how it seems to even out our group in the mains.  I've played with it a bit, but it's almost exactly like MusiciansPro suggested setup.  I could probably spend some time adjusting it or inserting other options, but I'm really happy with how things sound right now.

I have more headroom in this system than I think I'll ever need in the size of places were we sing.  The only thing we can't do easily is a large outdoor space.  Anything outdoor with 200-250ish people and it's plenty loud for our desired SPL of 85dB.  Lows outside could be a bit more punchy, but I'm not going to add much more gear to make the few times we sing outside better.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 17 queries.