ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha DBR10  (Read 14229 times)

jesseweiss

Re: Yamaha DBR10
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 09:29:28 PM »

Mixed on an XR16 with IQ12's via cat5 last night. System
Sounded very good.
I thought about IQ's as well. Wasn't sure how they compared and nowhere to hear them. Sub is very heavy as well.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Lyle Williams

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 11:11:06 PM »

I don't like my DBR12s at all.  My view: if you are going DBR12 you might as well get Behringer B112D for less.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 12:24:33 AM »

I thought about IQ's as well. Wasn't sure how they compared and nowhere to hear them. Sub is very heavy as well.

You think so?...I just got a IQ18B and I can pick it up by myself quite easily. It is only 87lbs and quite a small box considering - square in shape and handles in a good position. The wheels are nice though .....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

jesseweiss

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 07:32:20 AM »

You think so?...I just got a IQ18B and I can pick it up by myself quite easily. It is only 87lbs and quite a small box considering - square in shape and handles in a good position. The wheels are nice though .....
Huh. Sweetwater had the weight listed at 104 lbs, but that might be shipping weight. I checked Turbosound and you are correct, 87 pounds. About the same as my SRM1850.

I definitely have had my eye on the IQ series because of using ultranet,  and powercon, both of which could simply cabling.

I don't think anyone near me has them, so would be hard to compare them to my SRMs and the DXRs.

jesseweiss

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 07:34:08 AM »

I don't like my DBR12s at all.  My view: if you are going DBR12 you might as well get Behringer B112D for less.
Having had Behringer stuff, I have to say I completely disagree. The DBR10s I got sound light-years cleaner, and louder, than any Behringers I've had or have or the older model Alto ts112s I have.

But we all have our own tastes.

John Chiara

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 09:52:00 AM »

Having had Behringer stuff, I have to say I completely disagree. The DBR10s I got sound light-years cleaner, and louder, than any Behringers I've had or have or the older model Alto ts112s I have.

But we all have our own tastes.

Hav you tried the IQ's?

jesseweiss

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »

Hav you tried the IQ's?

I haven't. The closest GC near me that has them to listen to is about 45 minutes away so I need an extended amount of time.  Possibly in the summer (I'm a teacher).

The powercon and ultranet intrigue, not to mention the outstanding reviews I'm reading.

To be honest, it would be a case of just upgrading because I want to (as if that ever stopped me).  I also have yet to figure out exactly how ultranet would work with the XR18 in X Air Edit. It's not totally clear how to assign the Ultranet channels.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 11:22:19 AM »

Huh. Sweetwater had the weight listed at 104 lbs, but that might be shipping weight. I checked Turbosound and you are correct, 87 pounds. About the same as my SRM1850.

I definitely have had my eye on the IQ series because of using ultranet,  and powercon, both of which could simply cabling.

I don't think anyone near me has them, so would be hard to compare them to my SRMs and the DXRs.

I've noticed that Sweetwater are not the only ones to quote over 100lbs on the IQ18B and not clarify this is the shipping weight. 
I could see it putting a lot of folks off if they assume as you did that the weight is net. Although - 17lbs seems a lot for shipping material and power cord.
However, I wonder if it is because of the extra weight of the wheels which are packed separately in the box - that would make the sub a bit heavier if attached.
Mine was a B stock and didn't come with wheels ( got some now) yet the box label stated 103 lbs- which I know it wasn't.
I am still able to lift the sub with the wheels attached but maybe not quite as far as before!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

jesseweiss

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 11:27:16 AM »

I've noticed that Sweetwater are not the only ones to quote over 100lbs on the IQ18B and not clarify this is the shipping weight. 
I could see it putting a lot of folks off if they assume as you did that the weight is net. Although - 17lbs seems a lot for shipping material and power cord.
However, I wonder if it is because of the extra weight of the wheels which are packed separately in the box - that would make the sub a bit heavier if attached.
Mine was a B stock and didn't come with wheels ( got some now) yet the box label stated 103 lbs- which I know it wasn't.
I am still able to lift the sub with the wheels attached but maybe not quite as far as before!

Wheels would be a welcome addition. Lifting our SRM1850 in and out of the car isn't that big a deal, but carrying it a distance (not usually alone however) is a pain.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »

I like my Yamaha DBR10. Got one cheap second-hand, and I use it as a mono setup for house party rentals with a 21" subwoofer. Easy to use (mic and line input, job done), and the flexiblity of having monitor/FOH positioning EQ switches is a nice touch.
It does get congested when you push the volume up, but hey, they're cheap-ish, small, light, and sound pretty good. They'll run out of headroom pretty quickly if you ask them to do bass, but it's a budget 10" speaker on a stand. Crossed to a sub, they do a respectable job.

A local venue bought a set of four of them for their main PA and monitors after listening to mine. Built some subwoofers to hide in the furnature and they're happy.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.