ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with automating box in conference room.  (Read 2696 times)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Need help with automating box in conference room.
« on: July 10, 2017, 02:26:38 AM »

I was discussing this on the live board, but was advised that there my be more answers over here. . .

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,163809.0.html

Currently looking at using a Qu16C or Qu Pac due to budgetary constraints. I spoke to the principal and estimated a Yamaha MRX7D was going to run about three times the price installed with the necessary expander and some programming, etc. . .was told that is too much. I spoke to Biamp and looks like Tesira will price out about the same as the Yamaha option.

Need 13+ channels of automixing, preferably Dugan. . .the rest is pretty standard fare, broadcast mix, remote PA mix and output, 13 open mics plus a couple of A/V or computer inputs.

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Cailen Waddell

Re: Need help with automating box in conference room.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 07:28:00 AM »

Why Tesira?  I believe Audia will do everything you need and it is generally cheaper.  On the used market you can get an audia frame from eBay for $100 or $200....   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Healey

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »

I was discussing this on the live board, but was advised that there my be more answers over here. . .

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,163809.0.html

Currently looking at using a Qu16C or Qu Pac due to budgetary constraints. I spoke to the principal and estimated a Yamaha MRX7D was going to run about three times the price installed with the necessary expander and some programming, etc. . .was told that is too much. I spoke to Biamp and looks like Tesira will price out about the same as the Yamaha option.

Need 13+ channels of automixing, preferably Dugan. . .the rest is pretty standard fare, broadcast mix, remote PA mix and output, 13 open mics plus a couple of A/V or computer inputs.

A QSC Core110f might fit the bill. QSC also has it's own touchscreen integrated into Q-Sys, so depending on the complexity of the installation you may not need an external control system (Crestron, AMX).

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:40:00 PM »

Why Tesira? 

When I spoke to Biamp, they referred me to Tesira. Doesn't appear to me that the Audia has automixing.

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 10:44:38 PM »

When I spoke to Biamp, they referred me to Tesira. Doesn't appear to me that the Audia has automixing.

I can pop open audia software tomorrow and double check but I'm pretty sure they do and their cut sheet on the website also says they do....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glen Kelley

• El Paso, TX
    • The University of Texas at El Paso
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 07:15:02 PM »

It does. The automix exists as a mixer block, and it has assignable priority/mic hold and assignable NOM. Regular or AEC inputs may be routed to an automixer. Unless something has changed, Audia uses Cobranet, which could be an issue depending on your environment. Tesira uses AVB, but there is a Dante version, too.

Extron DMP 128 (12 in, 8 out, fixed architecture) also has automixing and has an expansion output (or a Dante version) to link multiple boxes. It will likely be less than Audia or Tesira. Creating a control interface for an Extron system will be more difficult if you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 07:15:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.