ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luminaire 3..Anything like a Palettes Feature?  (Read 4196 times)

Sean Mormelo

Luminaire 3..Anything like a Palettes Feature?
« on: May 03, 2017, 12:06:25 AM »

Basically if I have all my mover positions programmed and I have to adjust them for different size stages, I don't want o have to go through every scene and fix them. I really want to use Luminaire but if I can't globally change the positions on say a scene and have all the rest of scenes update the positions like you can using Palettes I, hosed!

Does anyone have insight? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Luminaire 3..Anything like a Palettes Feature?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 01:19:37 AM »

Nope, no pallets.  The app really falls down when it comes to movers.  Iv got a church client who uses it as a low cost solution for 4 rooms now.  There was a 5th space using it but with the addition of movers there that space upgraded to MA OnPC.  2-3x the cost of a complete Luminair setup but immensely more capable.

Sean Mormelo

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 01:30:20 AM »

Nope, no pallets.  The app really falls down when it comes to movers.  Iv got a church client who uses it as a low cost solution for 4 rooms now.  There was a 5th space using it but with the addition of movers there that space upgraded to MA OnPC.  2-3x the cost of a complete Luminair setup but immensely more capable.

Ouch! Well Luminaire is the only lighting console that has ever really clicked for me. I wonder if you can recommend something similarly easy and visual for mac? I'll be triggering scenes via Midi from Ableton, so the show will be mostly pre programmer but I want to have the ability to trigger scenes, blackout, and tweak n the fly from iPad, OSC etc if need be. I'm really struggling to finish no a solution that won't take months to learn! Thanks.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 01:36:08 AM »

Ouch! Well Luminaire is the only lighting console that has ever really clicked for me. I wonder if you can recommend something similarly easy and visual for mac? I'll be triggering scenes via Midi from Ableton, so the show will be mostly pre programmer but I want to have the ability to trigger scenes, blackout, and tweak n the fly from iPad, OSC etc if need be. I'm really struggling to finish no a solution that won't take months to learn! Thanks.

Our current corporate show we are using Ableton to play the video, tracks and MIDI trigger Showexpress

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Sean Mormelo

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 01:37:35 AM »

Our current corporate show we are using Ableton to play the video, tracks and MIDI trigger Showexpress

That's what I've been leaning towards...Same computer or separate?

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 02:46:34 AM »

That's what I've been leaning towards...Same computer or separate?

Same computer...You just minimize Showexpress and Ableton is your interface.  We tracked the walk in music to a countdown timer and as the last minute approached we altered the wash lights (wireless through a Flarecon controller) then popped four movers on straight up and brought them to center stage timed with the music crescendo and the countdown video.  It went to wash then the first speaker came on stage.  Only thing we did manually was wipe to logo.  If I had the time I could have controlled the playback deck via a midi to GPI/tally interface.  That is what I will do next time.  With all of that I could run video, lights and audio with one operator.  I think the concept translates to automated stage.  You could run tracks (if you use them), lights and video all from Ableton on stage.

The addition of video in Ableton 8 is awesome IMHO (channeling Trumps economy of words).  Hopefully they will add a second playback channel to the video functionality.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Sean Mormelo

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 11:02:10 PM »

Same computer...You just minimize Showexpress and Ableton is your interface.  We tracked the walk in music to a countdown timer and as the last minute approached we altered the wash lights (wireless through a Flarecon controller) then popped four movers on straight up and brought them to center stage timed with the music crescendo and the countdown video.  It went to wash then the first speaker came on stage.  Only thing we did manually was wipe to logo.  If I had the time I could have controlled the playback deck via a midi to GPI/tally interface.  That is what I will do next time.  With all of that I could run video, lights and audio with one operator.  I think the concept translates to automated stage.  You could run tracks (if you use them), lights and video all from Ableton on stage.

The addition of video in Ableton 8 is awesome IMHO (channeling Trumps economy of words).  Hopefully they will add a second playback channel to the video functionality.

That's exactly what I'm looking to do. Run our tracks, video clips, control lights with a preprogrammed show. Everything synced. It all works great in Ableton but I haven't tried lights yet as I was not set on a console. However I've checked out showexpress on your recommendation and it looks very logical and straight forward. Thanks!!

BTW, I will be running two identical MacBook Pros with the full show tracks and everything synced together through the IAC bus. Should the main rig go down the FOH just needs to unmute the backup channels on the board. However do you know how I would go about activating the lights on the backup rig? Is there some sort of lighting switching system that could be manually activated? I have to look into this either way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 12:32:43 AM »

That's exactly what I'm looking to do. Run our tracks, video clips, control lights with a preprogrammed show. Everything synced. It all works great in Ableton but I haven't tried lights yet as I was not set on a console. However I've checked out showexpress on your recommendation and it looks very logical and straight forward. Thanks!!

BTW, I will be running two identical MacBook Pros with the full show tracks and everything synced together through the IAC bus. Should the main rig go down the FOH just needs to unmute the backup channels on the board. However do you know how I would go about activating the lights on the backup rig? Is there some sort of lighting switching system that could be manually activated? I have to look into this either way!

I am using the USB connection for the Showexpress interface.  I saw this on the Ableton page, isn't this what you are trying to do https://www.ableton.com/en/link/

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Sean Mormelo

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 04:26:35 AM »

I am using the USB connection for the Showexpress interface.  I saw this on the Ableton page, isn't this what you are trying to do https://www.ableton.com/en/link/

Oh cool! I was gonna sync using midi and the IAC bus but this makes it easier.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 04:26:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.