ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap Turbosound IQ18B purchase  (Read 19764 times)

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
Re: Cheap Turbosound IQ18B purchase
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 07:22:29 PM »

I also appreciate the update, Debbie.

I'm kinda thinking about those for a corporate/otherwise lower volume SOS rig.  Please let us know if you stumble across another screaming deal like that!

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »

U R welcome David and Jay.
I thought of a few more things.
Nice to use Powercons as I usually don't get to. Also,  although the pole is not M20 thread and is just a slot in, the pole fits nice and tight so doesn't sway much.
And lastly, .... it was nice to have a smaller ( although similar weight to my PRX) box to move around - good handle placement for lifting - and as the wheels are already installed, just one more thing that makes these subs a darn good buy.

I built Siamese Powercon / Cat 6 cables to daisy chain my iQ10 monitors. I've used them a couple times now and really like the setup. If I end up with an iQ FOH system, I'll build up cables for that too.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 09:27:37 AM »

I also appreciate the update, Debbie.

I'm kinda thinking about those for a corporate/otherwise lower volume SOS rig.  Please let us know if you stumble across another screaming deal like that!

Dave

That was a good deal for sure!!

I've had some good luck with B and C stocks.
A few years ago I ordered a MRX518 from Music 123 scratch and dent for $300 - less than half the price of a new one and when it arrived, there were some dings and one of the internal bracing pieces inside had broken. So I replaced it, did my magic with the dings and marks and that sub looked and performed like new. I know I'm not always going to get this lucky but so far I've done OK.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 09:27:37 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.