ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure Axient Digital  (Read 24259 times)

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Shure Axient Digital
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2017, 04:14:27 PM »

I was wondering if one knows the UHFR system like the back of their hand, and am quite familiar with the older Axient system, how different is the new system?

Axient digital is an entirely new RF platform, though it does owe much to both ULXD and analog Axient, just as any new product is built upon knowledge gained from prior designs. Although a bit splashy, the Shure microsite for Axient Digital does provide a fair amount of information.

And FWIW, I'm adopting Cameron Stuckey's terminology to differentiate between the analog and digital lines: "Axient" and "Daxient" (for those of you who [will] have both lines in their inventory or on their shows)  :)
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2017, 04:15:57 PM »

Axient digital is an entirely new RF platform, though it does owe much to both ULXD and analog Axient, just as any new product is built upon knowledge gained from prior designs. Although a bit splashy, the Shure microsite for Axient Digital does provide a fair amount of information.

And FWIW, I'm adopting Cameron Stuckey's terminology to differentiate between the analog and digital lines: "Axient" and "Daxient" (for those of you who [will] have both lines in their inventory or on their shows)  :)

Daxient it is!
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Aram Piligian

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2017, 05:58:01 PM »

Does the Axient Digital allow for a split network where Shure Control and Dante Primary live on one port, and Dante Secondary on another?  From the manual, it doesn't seem like that's the case, but I find it odd that that feature would exist on ULX-D but not Axient Digital. 

Dan Currie

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2017, 08:58:10 PM »

Does the Axient Digital allow for a split network where Shure Control and Dante Primary live on one port, and Dante Secondary on another?  From the manual, it doesn't seem like that's the case, but I find it odd that that feature would exist on ULX-D but not Axient Digital.

There are 4 separate ethernet ports on the back of the receiver.  Dante Primary, Dante Secondary, 2x Control. 

Dan Currie

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2017, 03:29:27 PM »

Transfer function of an AD

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2017, 05:18:57 PM »

Transfer function of an AD

Need information on the test setup to interpret those results. Is that through a mic? What mic? Line into a pack? Which output of the receiver?

Mac

Dan Currie

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »

Need information on the test setup to interpret those results. Is that through a mic? What mic? Line into a pack? Which output of the receiver?

Mac

Mac,
  I'm splitting a channel of pink noise.  One is going directly to my Octacapture as a reference.  The other is going 1/4" to a ta4f connector into an AD1.  The output of the AD4d is feeding the measurement channel.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2017, 09:58:32 PM »

Mac,
  I'm splitting a channel of pink noise.  One is going directly to my Octacapture as a reference.  The other is going 1/4" to a ta4f connector into an AD1.  The output of the AD4d is feeding the measurement channel.

Cool. With that expanded vertical scale it's better than it looks, it's only down 1dB at that dip at 17k. The phase seems like a lot for a direct connection, but even that has a pretty narrow vertical window for live measurements. I wouldn't use that for product testing in a lab, but I wouldn't shy away from it for live acoustic measurements. On a live gig I'm mostly concerned with stuff below about 5k, above that is tune by ear unless something is feeding back up there.

Mac

Dan Currie

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2017, 08:28:07 PM »

I had 3x AD receivers with a CL5/SWP yesterday. 

Main 4.10
Sub 4.10
Dante 3.10.0.19
Rx/Tx version 1.0.17

ADrx were recognized but not supported.

Will update them to 1.0.21 and see if that helps.

Updated to 1.0.21 with the same results on the CL.  AD can be mounted and patched but they aren't 'supported' like the ulxd.  By 'supported' I mean, they will show up on a channel but head amp control is in the receiver, not on the desks HA knob.  They also do not show up as a mountable device.  4.10 was released 3/17, hopefully the next update includes the AD as a mountable device. 

TomBoisseau

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »

I just heard that Shure announced that the new ADX transmitters are in production, but they are being "allocated" so that certain high profile customers receive priority.

Can anyone confirm this?   Also, any idea if the rebate will be extended beyond October 31 to allow those of us who have been waiting (very patiently) for the ADX transmitters the opportunity to take advantage of the rebate?  At thins point, with limited availability, it may be very difficult to place an order and receive the product before the deadline.

Tom

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.