ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure Axient Digital  (Read 24185 times)

Scott Helmke

Re: Shure Axient Digital
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 10:17:47 AM »

AD currently does not have remote control of the TX.  When You set the frequency it is fixed until you manually change it and re-sync the TX.

Basically AD is a digital UHF-R. Dunno why they've been goofing around on the naming conventions lately! 

Later on they will be releasing "ADX" series transmitters that do all the cool original Axient stuff like automatic frequency changes and remote control of the transmitter. The current AD receivers will work with the ADX transmitters, though you'll also need to have a Spectrum Manager and at least one Showlink access point.  If you've already got that stuff you won't need to buy new versions.
http://www.shure.com/americas/axient-digital/adx

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »

For the Macy's T-Day Parade and the week after, the Christmas in Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting, Josh Flower and I used 12 Axient RX in quadversity mode for a total of 24 mics.  The results are amazing.  Even with higher noise floor on 34th street almost directly under the Empire State building the audio was flawless.  Spreading the antennas A/B at the host platform, C/D at the main stage and remotely over fiber, A/B split to also cover 6th avenue around the corner, there was no place from 6th avenue and 33rd street to almost 7th avenue on 34th street without a solid lock on all channels.

Notice in the pix that each channel shows 4 RF levels.

Josh specified some Wisycom equipment to help.  The MFL RF over fiber extended the A/B antennas over to 6th avenue.  The MAT antenna switch was setup for 4 in and 4 out control.  The 4 outputs fed 2 Sennheiser antenna DA to feed the 2 racks of the Axient (and 1 Audio Technica) receivers.

Pete,

Would you mind expanding a bit on your antenna count/signal flow for this?  Am I reading this correctly in that you were using more than 4 antennas?  I was just having a discussion this afternoon on some possibilities for Quadversity, so inquiring minds and all that.

Thanks!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 04:50:17 PM »

Pete,

Would you mind expanding a bit on your antenna count/signal flow for this?  Am I reading this correctly in that you were using more than 4 antennas?  I was just having a discussion this afternoon on some possibilities for Quadversity, so inquiring minds and all that.

Thanks!

I think what Pete's post says is that they were using 8 receive antennas that went to an 8x4 antenna switch that was used to route the antennas 4 at a time into the Axient Quadversity distribution.

Mac

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 06:13:21 PM »

Pete,

Thanks!

We actually used 6 antennas.  Three pairs of outputs came from the MAT switcher.  which had

A pair at the host booth A/B,
a pair at the 34th st stage C/D,
and a third pair of the MAT sending A/B into the MFL RF over Fiber around the corner to 35th street.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:41:59 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

alex.cerutti

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 10:07:02 PM »

"What are you doing for batteries and what sort of running time are you getting?  Shure seems to be "encouraging" us to buy there rechargeable packs, but they are a bit pricey (especially the chargers) and I'm not a fan of sending out rechargeables for a rental."

I used there rechargeable batteries and chargers with 16 channels of PSM1000 for 18 months without any issues. We had 2 sets of batteries 1 set on charge and one set in the packs. Never had an issue.

DavidTurner

Shure Axient Digital
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 11:04:00 PM »

"What are you doing for batteries and what sort of running time are you getting?  Shure seems to be "encouraging" us to buy there rechargeable packs, but they are a bit pricey (especially the chargers) and I'm not a fan of sending out rechargeables for a rental."

I used there rechargeable batteries and chargers with 16 channels of PSM1000 for 18 months without any issues. We had 2 sets of batteries 1 set on charge and one set in the packs. Never had an issue.

We use Procells and change them before every show - so each set does one 75 minute show. The next day I do rf scans and tuning before lunch, then leave all transmitters on til after sound check - a total of about 5 hours - then change them out. There always seems to be plenty of charge left after sound check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:02:36 AM by DavidTurner »

TomBoisseau

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 07:31:33 AM »

We use Procells and change them before every show - so each set does one 75 minute show. The next day I do rf scans and tuning before lunch, then leave all transmitters on til after sound check - a total of about 5 hours - then change them out. There always seems to be plenty of charge left after sound check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I would want to push it, but any idea the maximum run time on a set of AA's?

Scott Helmke

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 09:00:14 AM »

Not that I would want to push it, but any idea the maximum run time on a set of AA's?

I'll try to test that Monday when I'm back at the shop.  But I'd guess that it won't be too different from ULX-D, which usually gets 8-10 hours from alkalines (normal transmit power). 

I'll also guess that the ADX transmitters will *not* get as good a battery life due to the extra Showlink stuff.

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 10:13:55 AM »

I just did my first TV show with the Axient digital. Everything runnig AES to a DirectOut Andiamo.aes with SRC and then in to the Digico Optocore Network via an Optocore DD2. IEM's were Wisycom which vere also fed with AES from the same box.
Generally very good performance, even on 10mW.
We did have a lot of RF overload LED blinking on the receivers, even with passive LPDA's, maybe i need to look into som highpass RF filters to block anything below 500 MHz.
Also some people are confused with setting the gain, but you just need to teach them that it is not a uhf-r system...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:20:14 AM by Jens Palm Bacher »

TomBoisseau

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 06:25:39 AM »

I thought I read somewhere that Yamaha will be supporting the new Axient Digital systems via Dante in their QL and CL consoles, much a similar manor that the QL's and CL's currently interface with the Shure ULX-D series.

Has anyone else seen or hear this?  It may just have been wishful thinking on my part.

Tom

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 06:25:39 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.