ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: L-Acoustics X12 Processor Settings  (Read 1934 times)

Andrew Cox

• Audio Alliance
L-Acoustics X12 Processor Settings
« on: April 27, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »

Does anyone have the processor settings for the L-Acoustics X12. I find myself on a show where the local supplier has generic amps, and no processor settings!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: L-Acoustics X12 Processor Settings
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 01:26:10 PM »

Does anyone have the processor settings for the L-Acoustics X12. I find myself on a show where the local supplier has generic amps, and no processor settings!

Yes, fire the local supplier and hire in a firm that understands the concept of "system."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 01:55:44 PM »

Yes, fire the local supplier and hire in a firm that understands the concept of "system."

I always enjoy hearing the elaborate excuses such providers create in an attempt to justify their methods.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »

Gotta wonder where they got the X12s. I doubt L-Acoustics would sell them unless the buyer had the right amps. Buying from L-Acoustics is not like buying from JBL, you can't go down to the local Guitar Center and buy X12s.

On the other hand, it is a passive speaker. There is on active crossover needed, but without the LA controller/amp you won't get the eq or protection. If the vendor doesn't mind the possibility of them blowing up, give it a go. They won't sound like X12s, but they may still sound good enough.

Mac

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 02:43:01 PM »

There is some information on using these boxes with subs and latency/delay settings and frequency response to give you more of an idea of ballpark settings.

http://www.l-acoustics.com/admin/product_files/X12_UM_EN.pdf

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 02:43:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.