ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new bozak ar6 sucks  (Read 8222 times)

joseph baio

new bozak ar6 sucks
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:36:55 PM »

i purchased a new one from Bozak UK  and it had a terrible low buzz on the house output from 0 to 10 on master booth output was less noisy but still buss with no sources hooked up very annoying when at idle
Bozak tried to blame it on United Parcel handling but box wasnt damaged in any way so cost me $270.00 to send back to UK only to find out mixer is within tolerances so the buzz is acceptable on a $1900.00+ shipping I dont think so
Then Paul the owner tried to insult me implying i dont know what i was doing after explaining to engineer(who i think is paul the owner) i think the mains transformer is to close to output boards and isnt shielded thus was inducing a 60hz hum but still tried to blame outboard gear / interconnect and wouldnt accept no gear between new ar6 mixer and new crown it12000hd amp while rane mixer with same xlr balanced cable and amp flawless silent at idle or i was trying to run mixer at master turned full.   
So i returned the unit for refund minus 10% restocking fee  and shipping to me and back to them all in all lost about $800 on finding out this mixer sucks and is not related to the original Bozak built by Rudy Bozak                                              plenty of other options that are better with nice customer service experience               
                                                                      joey
btw original Bozak cma10-2-dl and urei 1620 silent at idle   even a gemini cheapo mixer silent at idle                                 

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: new bozak ar6 sucks
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:11:55 PM »

and is not related to the original Bozak built by Rudy Bozak                         

Your first clue should have been that you had to send it to England. The original Bozak was in Norwalk, CT.

Mac

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 06:13:58 PM »

i purchased a new one from Bozak UK  and it had a terrible low buzz on the house output from 0 to 10 on master booth output was less noisy but still buss with no sources hooked up very annoying when at idle
Bozak tried to blame it on United Parcel handling but box wasnt damaged in any way so cost me $270.00 to send back to UK only to find out mixer is within tolerances so the buzz is acceptable on a $1900.00+ shipping I dont think so
Then Paul the owner tried to insult me implying i dont know what i was doing after explaining to engineer(who i think is paul the owner) i think the mains transformer is to close to output boards and isnt shielded thus was inducing a 60hz hum but still tried to blame outboard gear / interconnect and wouldnt accept no gear between new ar6 mixer and new crown it12000hd amp while rane mixer with same xlr balanced cable and amp flawless silent at idle or i was trying to run mixer at master turned full.   
So i returned the unit for refund minus 10% restocking fee  and shipping to me and back to them all in all lost about $800 on finding out this mixer sucks and is not related to the original Bozak built by Rudy Bozak                                              plenty of other options that are better with nice customer service experience               
                                                                      joey
btw original Bozak cma10-2-dl and urei 1620 silent at idle   even a gemini cheapo mixer silent at idle                               
I did some consulting for Rudy back in the day. Rudy died in 1982 but sold his namesake speaker business even before he passed away. Who knows what is now being sold using that old classic brand name (in another country).

The 10-2-dl was an iconic DJ mixer that was built like a battleship and well respected.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Jason Joseph

• Vibrant Soundz
    • VibrantSoundz.net
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »

We own two in my family business (Bozak cma10-2-dl)... Often times if it contained the original caps, pops, etc you would have to have them changed out and cleaned. After I did that both of mine are quiet and cleaner than with the original gold caps...

joseph baio

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 05:17:05 PM »

I thought the Brits built some of the higher end equipment but now i know.  the original Bozak i have was recapped also and sounds amazing thats why i looked at the new Bozak what a mistake that was and the only reason being Rane discontinued the mp2016 and that is my standard rack mount install mixer that sounds awesome 
   i am now looking at a Japanese option and a Aussie option that are supposed real high end not masquerading with a known name having expected quality
btw the Brits are really brash in their attitudes is this left over from the Declaration of Independence?

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »

I thought the Brits built some of the higher end equipment but now i know.  the original Bozak i have was recapped also and sounds amazing thats why i looked at the new Bozak what a mistake that was and the only reason being Rane discontinued the mp2016 and that is my standard rack mount install mixer that sounds awesome 
   i am now looking at a Japanese option and a Aussie option that are supposed real high end not masquerading with a known name having expected quality
btw the Brits are really brash in their attitudes is this left over from the Declaration of Independence?

The Rane MP2015 satisfies most house-install rotary-mixer cravings I've encountered lately.
Yes you're going to have to work with the booth millwork guys to fit it in cleanly, -it does come with ears, but I've started just having a pocket built into the booth top that the mixer just sits in with the stock side-panels -and looks flush-mounted.
Also allows an easier quick change-out if a headliner wants a Pioneer for one night -it fits right into the same hole.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »

the e&s djr400 boutique piece gets some love in europe if you really must have a rotary

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.