ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAND NEW MIDAS PRO 1 ***DOA***  (Read 5546 times)

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
Re: BRAND NEW MIDAS PRO 1 ***DOA***
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »

edit ps.  You might wish to consider a different brand after this experience.  I personally own X32s and my employer owns M32.  I had a bad fader issue and a motherboard problem, both were dealt with quickly and to my satisfaction but your experience shapes your view and if this were me I'd be on a flight to Las Vegas with the aforementioned pitchforks (acquire the torches locally, the TSA is cranky about stuff like that).

id love to see someone bringing one through the screening line

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 06:18:54 PM »

id love to see someone bringing one through the screening line

A couple, dressed as the farmer and his daughter in Grant Wood's "American Gothic"?  Probably won't work...

Maybe as checked baggage, with the golf clubs.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Quenton Haynes

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »

The replacement goes on the dealers open account until the DOA is credited. Your dealer needed to approve this and hopefully he has open terms with the US distributor, Starin. I'm surprised as service is based in Las Vegas they couldnt get you up and running..either at your venue or their shop.

***FOLLOW-UP***
Just got word from a sister company that the replacement console showed up today. Will pick up on Thursday and attempt to fire it up. Wish me luck. Also received a follow-up phone call from customer care; again never an issue with them. They did what they were supposed to do within their control. For some reason the warehouse (Starin) held up the shipment for whatever reason even after they had the release order from Music Group.

I hope not to have any issues with the replacement and hope to have a long standing relationship with MIDAS. Will let everyone know how it goes.

Quenton Haynes
Event Services of Virginia

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 07:21:13 PM »

***FOLLOW-UP***
. . . For some reason the warehouse (Starin) held up the shipment for whatever reason even after they had the release order from Music Group. . .

So, I had a nice long chat with my MG rep today. . .Your MG dealer definitely needs to be involved from the get-go in the DOA process, and the dealers rep can help push stuff through Starin and get the right people moving.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:03:14 PM by Tim Hite »
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 12:29:24 PM »

My question would be simplistic. Why didn't you receive an RMA from the dealer, and why didn't they just send another board. This whole thing stinks of grey market bullshit, and there's no way in hell you should have had to deal with any of these problems. They're not your problems to deal with. In my world, which is usually Sweetwater for hardware of this type, one call and the problem is solved. Find a new dealer.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

jason misterka

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 05:17:36 AM »

My question would be simplistic. Why didn't you receive an RMA from the dealer, and why didn't they just send another board. This whole thing stinks of grey market bullshit, and there's no way in hell you should have had to deal with any of these problems. They're not your problems to deal with. In my world, which is usually Sweetwater for hardware of this type, one call and the problem is solved. Find a new dealer.

Bob-

The issue was he didn't immediately contact his dealer and instead went through warranty support with MG.  Once he contacted his dealer, things started happening. 

Jason

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 07:52:01 AM »

Bob-

The issue was he didn't immediately contact his dealer and instead went through warranty support with MG.  Once he contacted his dealer, things started happening. 

Jason
Any problems I have had with the Pro2 was dealt with fast and effectively when contacting the dealer.
Always contact your dealer first!
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 07:52:01 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.