ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAND NEW MIDAS PRO 1 ***DOA***  (Read 5550 times)

Quenton Haynes

BRAND NEW MIDAS PRO 1 ***DOA***
« on: April 25, 2017, 11:19:36 AM »

Hey Guys,
Has anyone experienced a brand new console DOA out the box? This experience has been a nightmare. After finally getting a hold to someone at customer care about the issue I was told that a RMA would be sent and a new console ordered and sent. This was April 13; today is April 25 and guess what I still have no replacement console. The DOA console is in Vegas.

Each time I speak with customer care it seems as if their answers are the same dead end answers, which is the order is at the warehouse but it hasn't shipped. Well why not? Maybe Uli Behringer can answer that for me.

I have had the whole process explained to me from the start of the return process to the end. When asked where my case stood along this process I was told the warehouse has the order. Is there no one working at the warehouse to ship the replacement console? This ordeal caused me to rent a replacement console to run monitors this past weekend all because the warehouse did not and has not shipped my replacement.

I am curious to know what kind of service other companies are receiving from Music Group regarding returns etc. I do want to say this; each customer care agent was very courteous so that was never an issue. The issue is with the replacement order and warehouse shipping process.

Quenton T Haynes

Event Services of Virginia (EVA)

Quenton Haynes
Event Services of Virginia

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: BRAND NEW MIDAS PRO 1 ***DOA***
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 11:55:40 AM »

Hey Guys,
. . . This ordeal caused me to rent a replacement console to run monitors this past weekend all because the warehouse did not and has not shipped my replacement. . .

I am curious to know what kind of service other companies are receiving from Music Group regarding returns etc. I do want to say this; each customer care agent was very courteous so that was never an issue. The issue is with the replacement order and warehouse shipping process.

Quenton T Haynes

Event Services of Virginia (EVA)

Looks like warehouse stock is really low on Midas Pro series consoles right now. . .and even on the M32. . .Maybe check with your dealer or rep to see if they have a loaner console to get you through. M32 can talk to the DL stage boxes if you use a pro Series to set them to 48KHz. . .

I would think that your dealer would be running this issue down for you. as well. . .
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:04:12 PM by Tim Hite »
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Quenton Haynes

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 12:38:31 PM »

Looks like warehouse stock is really low on Midas Pro series consoles right now. . .and even on the M32. . .Maybe check with your dealer or rep to see if they have a loaner console to get you through. M32 can talk to the DL stage boxes if you use a pro Series to set them to 48KHz. . .

I would think that your dealer would be running this issue down for you. as well. . .

Tim, that could be part of the issue, however, why tell me the console would ship Friday 14 April and I would receive it by the following Tuesday. When I talked to that same person on Tuesday, he said the warehouse had not shipped. The second person I talked to also said the warehouse had the order but has not shipped it. Is there a communication issue between Midas and the third party warehouse?
Quenton Haynes

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 01:06:10 PM »

Tim, that could be part of the issue, however, why tell me the console would ship Friday 14 April and I would receive it by the following Tuesday. When I talked to that same person on Tuesday, he said the warehouse had not shipped. The second person I talked to also said the warehouse had the order but has not shipped it. Is there a communication issue between Midas and the third party warehouse?

Obviously something is amiss and you're not satisfied. Call your dealer and have them run this down for you. Having just bought yourself a $10k+ console, I would expect you get some pretty good post-sale support with that.

Edit: I've emailed you. Also, responses from Midas will likely be slow this week while NAB is happening in Vegas. I've got a call into my rep to get your best course of action.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:44:46 PM by Tim Hite »
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:23:36 PM »

I agree this should be lighing a fire under your dealer, and when the console was DOA it should have been re-packed and the dealer notified that you demand an immediate replacement.  It didn't fail in use, it didn't fail 2 weeks after receipt; it DIDN'T FUCKING WORK right out of the box.  If the dealer won't support a return and replacement you need a new dealer.

Right now, I'd demand a full refund from the dealer.  Escalate until you talk to someone who can make this happen or pisses you off to the point of threatening lawyers, pitchforks and torches.  PM me if you need help with this.

edit ps.  You might wish to consider a different brand after this experience.  I personally own X32s and my employer owns M32.  I had a bad fader issue and a motherboard problem, both were dealt with quickly and to my satisfaction but your experience shapes your view and if this were me I'd be on a flight to Las Vegas with the aforementioned pitchforks (acquire the torches locally, the TSA is cranky about stuff like that).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:31:51 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Quenton Haynes

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »

Obviously something is amiss and you're not satisfied. Call your dealer and have them run this down for you. Having just bought yourself a $10k+ console, I would expect you get some pretty good post-sale support with that.

Edit: I've emailed you. Also, responses from Midas will likely be slow this week while NAB is happening in Vegas. I've got a call into my rep to get your best course of action.

Thanks Tim....
Quenton Haynes

Quenton Haynes

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 02:20:27 PM »

I agree this should be lighing a fire under your dealer, and when the console was DOA it should have been re-packed and the dealer notified that you demand an immediate replacement.  It didn't fail in use, it didn't fail 2 weeks after receipt; it DIDN'T FUCKING WORK right out of the box.  If the dealer won't support a return and replacement you need a new dealer.

Right now, I'd demand a full refund from the dealer.  Escalate until you talk to someone who can make this happen or pisses you off to the point of threatening lawyers, pitchforks and torches.  PM me if you need help with this.

edit ps.  You might wish to consider a different brand after this experience.  I personally own X32s and my employer owns M32.  I had a bad fader issue and a motherboard problem, both were dealt with quickly and to my satisfaction but your experience shapes your view and if this were me I'd be on a flight to Las Vegas with the aforementioned pitchforks (acquire the torches locally, the TSA is cranky about stuff like that).

That's how I felt when I tried to power it on for the first time.  >:(
Quenton Haynes

Quenton Haynes

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »

My dealer is all over it now. I thought the process would be simple by following the warranty procedures outlined by Music Group. Lets see how it goes. Although indications are they may be out of stock, so why not tell me that instead of saying it shipped or will ship etc. Serious communication breakdown with their warehouse and support staff.
Quenton Haynes

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 02:50:41 PM »

If you open the box and it doesn't work, you should be able to return it and get a different one.  I'm surprised it wasn't handled that way from the get go! With most manufacturers, DOA can be handled differently than warranty.  Some will consider an item DOA if it fails within a specific time period. Eg, with Apple products, we're allowed to consider something DOA if it fails within 7 days of purchase and simply do a swap for the customer.  After 7 days, then it goes through the warranty process.

This is something I would have taken up with the dealer first.
Brian Jojade

MikeHarris

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 05:30:19 PM »

The replacement goes on the dealers open account until the DOA is credited. Your dealer needed to approve this and hopefully he has open terms with the US distributor, Starin. I'm surprised as service is based in Las Vegas they couldnt get you up and running..either at your venue or their shop.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 05:30:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.