ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Splitting inputs  (Read 2871 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Splitting inputs
« on: April 23, 2017, 07:01:50 PM »

I have a scenario where I would like to have 2 very user friendly presets for a mic for regular use in our services.  One preset would be "normal" use, the second would be panned mainly to a fill speaker on the far side of a wide auditorium from where we have an instrument playing.  Mainly to balance the sound somewhat.

I am using an A&H QU-32 and the mic is condenser so it obviously needs phantom power.  Can I simply "y"into 2 separate inputs?  I assume only one input needs phantom on?  Is there a more elegant way to accomplish this?  I am not really wanting to use presets/scene recall for this for a couple of reasons.
Steve Swaffer

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Splitting inputs
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »

I have a scenario where I would like to have 2 very user friendly presets for a mic for regular use in our services.  One preset would be "normal" use, the second would be panned mainly to a fill speaker on the far side of a wide auditorium from where we have an instrument playing.  Mainly to balance the sound somewhat.

I am using an A&H QU-32 and the mic is condenser so it obviously needs phantom power.  Can I simply "y"into 2 separate inputs?  I assume only one input needs phantom on?  Is there a more elegant way to accomplish this?  I am not really wanting to use presets/scene recall for this for a couple of reasons.

Yes, you can simply Y into 2 inputs. As long as phantom power is applied on at least one channel the mic should work fine.

If you are using a dSnake you can assign a single input 'socket' to more than one channel, essentially accomplishing the same thing.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Splitting inputs
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.