Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P16  (Read 3705 times)

Bobby Dobson

P16
« on: April 23, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »

Can p16s run a powered floor wedge or are they just for inear systems?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: P16
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 04:14:02 PM »

Can p16s run a powered floor wedge or are they just for inear systems?

I don't know anything about this specific device.
However, if it has an analog output, then it should be able to be a source for a wedge too. I would not expect it to drive a speaker directly though. It will need an amplifier or a self powered speaker. You will also need appropriate adapter cords.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 05:07:35 PM »

I don't know anything about this specific device.
However, if it has an analog output, then it should be able to be a source for a wedge too. I would not expect it to drive a speaker directly though. It will need an amplifier or a self powered speaker. You will also need appropriate adapter cords.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think they have a balanced out.  It would work fine the problem is musicians will drive their monitors into feedback. 

They don't seem to understand the gain knobs go down to.  You end up with a muddied up mix of everything they keep turning up because they can't here anything!
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 05:18:46 PM »

It is technically possible and I've done it.

But as Scott mentioned I wouldn't let just anyone mix their own wedge unless I trusted him/her...

TomBoisseau

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 11:36:48 PM »

I think they have a balanced out.  It would work fine the problem is musicians will drive their monitors into feedback. 

They don't seem to understand the gain knobs go down to.  You end up with a muddied up mix of everything they keep turning up because they can't here anything!

Unfortunately they do NOT have balanced outputs!  I checked into this last year when doing an install.  That being said, the output is a reasonably hefty line level and may be sufficient to drive an amplifier without any notable buzzes or hums.  In our case we ran lines about 50' unbalanced to a rack of IEM's in a back room, and it was okay.

Tom

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 03:47:29 AM »

Unfortunately they do NOT have balanced outputs!  I checked into this last year when doing an install.  That being said, the output is a reasonably hefty line level and may be sufficient to drive an amplifier without any notable buzzes or hums.  In our case we ran lines about 50' unbalanced to a rack of IEM's in a back room, and it was okay.

Tom

Didn't God make transformers for this?

I would assume if you have a personal mixer it would be to a powered monitor.  That's what I get for assuming.

Sending the output back to the drive rack makes me double down on my comment.  At least with the powered speaker you have solid protection.  With a power amp destruction is only a twist away.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 03:47:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.