ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPad Wifi Connections  (Read 2050 times)

Steve Garris

iPad Wifi Connections
« on: April 22, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »

I just purchased a new iPad (5th gen) and can't seem to get a clear answer on its capabilities. I'm currently running Master Fader app connected to a AE. The latest Master Fader supports "split view" - 2 apps running at the same time on a split screen. I'm looking to add iPad controlled dmx via Luminair 3, which also supports the split view mode.

My question is, do I need another router for the Luminair, and does the iPad need to re-sync when switching between apps?
Luminair told me no on the re-sync. They said it would still be running in the background, but I'm not certain this is correct. I'm very close to purchasing and trying this, but I don't want to waste the money and time if it won't work.

My Wifi knowledge is very limited, so try to keep answers in beginner mode!

Brian_Henry

• NJ
    • Mountainside Studios, LLC
iPad Wifi Connections
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:27:56 PM »

Your iPad can only belong to one wireless network at a time, so both systems would need to be on the same router/network regardless. If you had them on separate routers, you would have to switch networks to you each app obviating the split screen convenience you are looking for.

Whether they will play nicely in split screen I cannot say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:31:37 PM by BrianHenry »

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: iPad Wifi Connections
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 01:00:37 AM »

Your iPad can only belong to one wireless network at a time, so both systems would need to be on the same router/network regardless. If you had them on separate routers, you would have to switch networks to you each app obviating the split screen convenience you are looking for.

Whether they will play nicely in split screen I cannot say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mixer and the lighting control need to be in the same IP subnet, you only need one wireless access point to bridge the wired network to the wireless so the iPad can talk to it.

It's that simple, don't make it complicated.

As far as the two apps running in split screen, let us know, that's application layer (about 4 rungs up the OSI ladder http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/definition/OSI) you are asking a network question in an application context.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: iPad Wifi Connections
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 01:00:37 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.