ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subwoofer wear in time  (Read 1956 times)

RichardStringer

Subwoofer wear in time
« on: April 21, 2017, 01:19:07 PM »

Does anyone know roughly the time it takes for a subwoofer to wear in because I know at first the cones are rather stiff but loosen over time. I just don't want to wreck my subs, i've got two brand new Wharfedale Delta 218B dual 18" subs and i'll be powering them with for now a Thomann Proline 3000 amplifier until next year when I power each one from a bridged EV Q99.

I'm a dj and play techno and drum & bass except unlike like most dj's I never run signals into the red, I always set gain structure first using a 400hz sine and a piezo and keep levels from clipping.

Will Knight

• Queens, NY
Re: Subwoofer wear in time
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 01:23:29 PM »

Welcome to the PSW forum Richard but before you can get any assistance, you'll need to change your user name to your REAL NAME as advised in the forum rules when you initially registered.  Do so quickly before your post gets locked by the Moderators.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 01:25:28 PM »

Does anyone know roughly the time it takes for a subwoofer to wear in because I know at first the cones are rather stiff but loosen over time. I just don't want to wreck my subs, i've got two brand new Wharfedale Delta 218B dual 18" subs and i'll be powering them with for now a Thomann Proline 3000 amplifier until next year when I power each one from a bridged EV Q99.

I'm a dj and play techno and drum & bass except unlike like most dj's I never run signals into the red, I always set gain structure first using a 400hz sine and a piezo and keep levels from clipping.

Richard, on this forum you must use your full name as per the rules ...  thanks
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »

Welcome to the PSW forum Richard but before you can get any assistance, you'll need to change your user name to your REAL NAME as advised in the forum rules when you initially registered.  Do so quickly before your post gets locked by the Moderators.

Sorry Will - delay in seeing your your reply.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.