ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alesis HD24 Control from QLab  (Read 140 times)

James Garrett

Alesis HD24 Control from QLab
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:33:49 am »

Hello,

I have just recently gotten into MIDI show control automation. I am hoping to use QLab to control my Alesis HD24. No luck yet. I have read online that the HD24 uses MMC messages to control the transports. Do I need a sequencer to sync the computer to the HD24's MTC? Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Alesis HD24 Control from QLab
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 10:46:22 am »

Hello,

I have just recently gotten into MIDI show control automation. I am hoping to use QLab to control my Alesis HD24. No luck yet. I have read online that the HD24 uses MMC messages to control the transports. Do I need a sequencer to sync the computer to the HD24's MTC? Any help appreciated.

I don't know the answer to your question myself, but there is a pretty active QLab group on Google groups. There is active participation from the tech support crew from Figure 53 as well as a lot of smart experienced users.

Mac

Johannes Halvorsen

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 11:03:25 am »

I have no experience with the HD24, but a quick read of the online documentation seems to indicate that this unit can SEND MMC instructions, but is not controllable.

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 12:04:45 pm »

I have no experience with the HD24, but a quick read of the online documentation seems to indicate that this unit can SEND MMC instructions, but is not controllable.

I'm pretty sure that I have controlled an HD24 with MTC messages from a PM1D. It was a while ago, so I may have the machine confused, but I think it was an HD24. With the PM1D I had to write the cues in hex in the midi window of the PM1D scene. I would think you could do the same from QLab. Hopefully the QL experts will chime in here of in their group.

Mac
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 16 queries.