ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth Powered Amplifier  (Read 4496 times)

Neil Cox

Bluetooth Powered Amplifier
« on: April 17, 2017, 08:35:15 AM »

Hi I use my iPad and iPhone on my shows to play my backing tracks, I've been told that the sound audio straight from the headphone socket of both of these would be far better if I had a Bluetooth Powered Amplified product.

I'm looking for advice and recommendations on these before I go and purchase one.

Looking around there are far to many on the market and I just don't understand the technical jargon etc.

I have a iPad I use and iPhone for live use on stage, playing my backing-tracks through a live PA system I'm a singer.

What I'm looking for is to get a better external sound card ? I've heard that the iPad and iPhone don't have a good sound card built in. I'm looking for something to get a more quality sound from the iPad with taking a lead out of the headphone jack into a external sound card or audio interface.

Hope this helps I'm not technically minded just hands on and like to learn.

Thank you

Does a DAC do the same or can I use a DAC for better audio quality ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:55:14 AM by Neil Cox »

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: Bluetooth Powered Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:30:01 AM »

First, that amplifier is either tiny or the Bluetooth transmitter is HUGE because wirelessly transmitting power is quite inefficient! :P It's also probably extremely expensive, I've never seen a Bluetooth POWERED amplifier out in the wild. Most amplifiers I've seen are powered by the local/regional power company ;)

{had to get that off my chest for the sake of the forum community sorry about that}

Okay, on to your question. I'm a bit confused.
What are you trying to do?
Obtain better quality audio?
Go wireless?

Generally speaking: wired > (better than) wireless

wired pros = reliable, sound quality, cheap
wired cons = cable, portability

wireless pros = portability
wireless cons = lower reliability, sound quality, expensive, digital delay

It sounds like you are saying a Bluetooth pre-amp (wireless to line level converter) [like the Radial BT-Pro] is what you are looking for. As far as your friend saying it will sound better, probably not. Though the medium (.mp3 vs .flac) is usually more impactful than the transport (wireless/wired).

What are you trying to go: TO?
Small portable all-in-one sound system?
Or Plug into provider sound system or something else?
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Neil Cox

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:03 AM »

First, that amplifier is either tiny or the Bluetooth transmitter is HUGE because wirelessly transmitting power is quite inefficient! :P It's also probably extremely expensive, I've never seen a Bluetooth POWERED amplifier out in the wild. Most amplifiers I've seen are powered by the local/regional power company ;)

{had to get that off my chest for the sake of the forum community sorry about that}

Okay, on to your question. I'm a bit confused.
What are you trying to do?
Obtain better quality audio?
Go wireless?

Generally speaking: wired > (better than) wireless

wired pros = reliable, sound quality, cheap
wired cons = cable, portability

wireless pros = portability
wireless cons = lower reliability, sound quality, expensive, digital delay

It sounds like you are saying a Bluetooth pre-amp (wireless to line level converter) [like the Radial BT-Pro] is what you are looking for. As far as your friend saying it will sound better, probably not. Though the medium (.mp3 vs .flac) is usually more impactful than the transport (wireless/wired).

What are you trying to go: TO?
Small portable all-in-one sound system?
Or Plug into provider sound system or something else?

Hi Nathan thank you so much for your message.

I'm trying to get a better sound quality for live use out of my iPad headphone socket it don't have to be Bluetooth I just want more of a quality sound as I've heard the iPad or iPhone does not have a good sound card built in for live use.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 11:03:07 AM »

Hi Nathan thank you so much for your message.

I'm trying to get a better sound quality for live use out of my iPad headphone socket it don't have to be Bluetooth I just want more of a quality sound as I've heard the iPad or iPhone does not have a good sound card built in for live use.

There are many digital DAC's available for the iPad.  You want one with a balanced out. 

Sweetwater has a whole category:  https://www.sweetwater.com/c1058--iPad_iPhone_Interfaces

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Neil Cox

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »

There are many digital DAC's available for the iPad.  You want one with a balanced out. 

Sweetwater has a whole category:  https://www.sweetwater.com/c1058--iPad_iPhone_Interfaces

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your link,

I would be using this for live sound
I don't need it for recording.

My USB lead comes out of my DYNACORD CMS 1000 mixer then with a adapter into my iPad.

What I'm trying to do is have a better quality sound. Looking to bypass the iPad internal sound card,

So I'm looking for a product similar to the links you send but I want a high quality sound coming out of my iPad into my mixer?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your link,

I would be using this for live sound
I don't need it for recording.

My USB lead comes out of my DYNACORD CMS 1000 mixer then with a adapter into my iPad.

What I'm trying to do is have a better quality sound. Looking to bypass the iPad internal sound card,

So I'm looking for a product similar to the links you send but I want a high quality sound coming out of my iPad into my mixer?

How many threads you going to start on this subject?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.