ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TV vs Monitors vs projector  (Read 11120 times)

steve p. thomas

Re: TV vs Monitors vs projector
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »

We installed 2 70" screens two years ago and are very happy with them. Traditional rectangular sanctuary layout, seats 200 people if we pack them in. 60-65 feet from the screens to the back wall. For song lyrics I try to keep it to 4 or 5 lines of text but will occasionally go up to 6 lines. This yields text 4-5" tall, very crisp, very legible. Never any complaints from any of our members about legibility or glare. I run sound from the balcony - roughly 75 feet away. The only issue I have is that they are partially blocked by our lights. I only ever have people sitting "upstairs" on Christmas Eve and Easter, so we don't consider this a huge issue at the moment.

Maybe I need to rethink this then.  Our maximum distance to a screen is 39' at about a 30 degree viewing angle.  So using it for lyrics and announcements will work if I keep the letters large as you suggest.  What about videos?  Are they able to see video images ok?  We don't use a lot, but sometimes the pastors or the music team runs a video or movie.

Lance Rectanus

• NW Ohio
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 01:39:18 PM »

What about videos?  Are they able to see video images ok?  We don't use a lot, but sometimes the pastors or the music team runs a video or movie.

Videos look fine. I usually convert them to 720p resolution since I can't see a difference between that and 1080 at the viewing distances involved. My quality limitations with videos, and photos for that matter, are mostly related to the initial quality of the material being provided. The LED screens are definitely NOT the weak link in the chain!

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 05:23:04 PM »

I think the usual rule is viewing distance divided by 6.  That would give you a 7' wide screen.  Do front projection with a projector the correct size for your room lighting.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 05:23:04 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.