ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple DMXIS ?'s  (Read 3011 times)

David Junius

• Atlanta, GA
Couple DMXIS ?'s
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:08:15 AM »

So I bought some led par cans from a band I've been working with as they were getting out of the gear owning business and moving to hiring it all out. With the purchase came their DMXIS package and their other American DJ controller. They never got into using the DMXIS and since I've been looking at upgrading my dinosaur of a controller, I decided to try and play with it. After setting it up last night I realize I need a playback/programming wing for it or something. I've tried searching but can't seem to find what others use other than a regular foot pedal. What kind of USB fader and button/knob box will work with this software or am I better off finding a more professional software/hardware combo? I'm running it on a mac right now if that makes a difference. I guess I'm looking for something similar to the jands m1 wing if that helps.

David Junius

Rob Gow

Re: Couple DMXIS ?'s
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »

Do you want the jands to control it to program or to use during a gig?

To me, DMXIS isn't fantastic for busking but more for scenes that you choose between.

David Junius

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 11:33:43 AM »

Well if I bought an m1, I would just run the jands Vista software. I was leaning toward that route once I had the money for it but came into this software since it came with the lights. I'm just wondering if it's worth my time and money to invest in some kind of USB wing for it based on how this software is designed to run. It's a step up from what I have now but I'm not sure it's the final answer to where I want to go.

Rob Gow

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »

Play around with the software and see if you like the programming. It's fairly easy to set it up to work with an iPad. That's how I control it, sometimes even controlling it from my phone. Or during a gig my band is playing at, I control the scenes with a behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller

David Junius

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:32:07 AM »

Thanks Rob for your advice. I started playing around with the software the other night with just 8 led fixtures. I was watching tutorials on my phone and going straight to the computer to implement. Everything was going smoothly making static colors/scenes. When I tried to use some of the Chase features built in the software I started to have difficulty and I can't seem to get the software to do what I want it to do. So I'm wondering if I should just go another route with control.

I was also able to get some idea of midi control wings if you will, one of the tutorial videos recommended a korg nanokontrol and I've found the behringer  Bcf2000 also.

I'm the typical run sound and lights guy, but I am starting to get to a point where I'll sometimes have help. After much more research here on the forum, I'm thinking I want something where I can create palettes and then mix those during the shows since I work for a couple bands and sometimes the lighting rig will change depending on budget and venue. I brought up the jands m1 since I was introduced to that system at a show I was BE on. LD loved it and was showing me all the features even though half of it was going right over my head. Anyhow, I'll have to figure out what to do for tonight's show then revisit my lighting control options again.

David

Rob Gow

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »

I assume all the wash fixtures are the same. Set them all to red, then double click the red slider which will select them all. Then click on the oscillator button. One click should bring it to sine. Set the amount to 100%.

Set the main speed to 120bpm

Set the speed to 3 measures. Now all the red sliders should be going fully on to fully off as a group. The red lights will all go on and all fade down to zero, over and over.

At the point play with the chase knob. That will introduce some randomness to the chase.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.