ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: UnderCover NYC - SPF98 & FS/W  (Read 3347 times)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
UnderCover NYC - SPF98 & FS/W
« on: April 10, 2017, 02:49:38 PM »

With the summer festival season approaching, I was curious if anyone has experience with the Undercover NYC SPF-98 and/or FS/W covers? I can't seem to find much information about either.

I know their transit covers are well-respected. Just curious if anyone has used the weather proof covers and/or the SPF series. Thinking a few SPF-98s for amp racks and a few of teh FS/W covers for mains and monitors might not be a bad investment.

Mike Goodreau

Re: UnderCover NYC - SPF98 & FS/W
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 02:55:37 PM »

We have them for our Adamson line arrays. Been great and fit is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 03:00:56 PM »

Are the weather systems truly transparent? Do they "flop/buzz" when in use? We've gotten by with the poor-mans system (2mil poly bags) but I'd like to get away from them as they make a lot of extra noise.

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 03:18:53 PM »

With the summer festival season approaching, I was curious if anyone has experience with the Undercover NYC SPF-98 and/or FS/W covers? I can't seem to find much information about either.

I know their transit covers are well-respected. Just curious if anyone has used the weather proof covers and/or the SPF series. Thinking a few SPF-98s for amp racks and a few of teh FS/W covers for mains and monitors might not be a bad investment.

Ours work great. No buzzes and no coloration that I can tell.

Great company to work with also.

Bob Cap
Advanced Audio Inc.
Gilbert, MN

Dave Barker

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 05:44:11 PM »

I have a set for our 8 box per side line array and they work great.  Never an issue and I don't hear any effects on the sound.  If there was it is way better then plastic bags.  Also looking at them for amp racks and such.  Tired of tarps and something to ballast them down.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 06:34:31 PM »

I've been using them for YEARS.  Won't do an outdoor show without them. They keep speakers looking nice and clean, and keep them dry, even in the worst rains.  The plastic bag thing just seems like amateur hour.  It hurts the sound, and you have to deal with covering/uncovering, blah blah blah.

As a testimonial to the covers, I was doing a show last summer.  30 speaker cabinets deployed outdoors.  Winds came through and DESTROYED the place.  Tents were down, structures destroyed. Large trees down, etc. Had a set of speakers that flew about 40 feet through the air and landed on a beach.  All covers remained on the speakers.  Plugged it all back together, and we were as good as new.
Brian Jojade

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 08:32:30 PM »

New definition of flown PA speakers? Flew 40 feet with no damage? Wow, talk about build quality. What kind of speakers were they?

Back on topic, I have not used the weatherproof covers, but have UndercoverNYC covers for 5 of my speakers and they are excellent workmanship, perfect fit, durable (thickest padding option with rigid cover in front and back). A couple were made to order for newly released speakers Undercover NYC had not even seen before, no additional charge.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »

I have them for my QRX212s. Good fit and they work great.

They do not replace the transport covers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Nate Zifra

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 01:59:20 PM »

Are the FS/W covers safe to use with active speakers?  I may check into them for my SRX 835P's

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »

Are the FS/W covers safe to use with active speakers?  I may check into them for my SRX 835P's

I would say it depends on what kind of heat the speakers put out and where.

If you think they may work, give Undercover a call. Nice people and the could, for example, add a vent (if they didn't already think of it).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.