ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outdoor setup help  (Read 2181 times)

Cris varv

Outdoor setup help
« on: April 06, 2017, 10:43:32 AM »

Need some pro help. I have a pair of Jbl control 28 outdoor speaker, and a jbl control sb210 sub.

Looking for suggestions on an amp that won't break the bank. All of the crowns are confusing me. Most music will be played from an apple device.

Is going with a 70v run or an 8ohm setup better considering the above equipment? With the 70v Amos it looks like I need to add another mixer to feed sound to unit.

Thanks so much!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: Outdoor setup help
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 10:47:05 AM »

Need some pro help. I have a pair of Jbl control 28 outdoor speaker, and a jbl control sb210 sub.

Looking for suggestions on an amp that won't break the bank. All of the crowns are confusing me. Most music will be played from an apple device.

Is going with a 70v run or an 8ohm setup better considering the above equipment? With the 70v Amos it looks like I need to add another mixer to feed sound to unit.

Thanks so much!

You need to change your name to your full REAL name before anyone can reply.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:27:22 PM »

Thanks so much!
The choice of 70V or 8 ohm has more to do with the length of the cable run and the size of available cable.

Either way-you are going to need some sort of "booster" (preamp-DSP-mixer) etc to get the signal of the apple device up louder to drive the amp.

That has nothing to do with whether the speakers are run 70V or 8 ohm.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 12:43:59 PM »

Thanks so much!

Along with what Ivan said.

I suggest reading this:
http://www.rane.com/note136.html

Also, an 8ohm amp that is over 650w can run a 70v system (though it doesn't have the same protections as a true 70v amp [see rane note 136].
http://security.livewatch.com/forum-ref/ohms-law-calculator
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 12:43:59 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.