ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gym Speaker Setup - Project Completed merged  (Read 32486 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Gym Speaker Setup - Project Completed merged
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2018, 03:43:29 PM »

I called the electrician and asked about this specifically. When they installed the outlet the rack and equipment was already installed. They were well aware of the usage and placement.  I trust their judgment. At some point flexible wire will be used to supply power to the rack and equipment. It’s not like flexible wire was used to power an installed outlet.  I wasn’t about to modify the wire on the sequencer and void the warranty. There is no room for a plug inside the rack. The only other option was to create a flexible extension with proper plugs on each end.

If there is no room in the rack, then the rack is the wrong size. As Scott said, run EMT down from the box above (no bends needed) and into the rack where a 4” shallow box and outlet or a plugmold could be placed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2018, 06:57:28 PM »

If there is no room in the rack, then the rack is the wrong size. As Scott said, run EMT down from the box above (no bends needed) and into the rack where a 4” shallow box and outlet or a plugmold could be placed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rob is spot on.

One other item (I reviewed the pictures) nothing screams amatuer like a consumer grade wireless.  Poor performance sitting on top of the rack.

I would suggest while the EMT is being installed you put another length in to a quad box at least 24" from any significant metal.  Mount another quad box and use a Ubiquity Uni-fi Pro.  It the best sub $100 access point on the market and it has all the big boy features (central management, vlan trunk support and multi-SSID capabilities).

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Robert Weaver

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2018, 08:29:59 PM »

Rob is spot on.

One other item (I reviewed the pictures) nothing screams amatuer like a consumer grade wireless.  Poor performance sitting on top of the rack.

I would suggest while the EMT is being installed you put another length in to a quad box at least 24" from any significant metal.  Mount another quad box and use a Ubiquity Uni-fi Pro.  It the best sub $100 access point on the market and it has all the big boy features (central management, vlan trunk support and multi-SSID capabilities).

The antennas you see are for the AT3000 wireless mics. Those are going away next year as they are 600mhz. That’s also my old laptop sitting on top.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »

The antennas you see are for the AT3000 wireless mics. Those are going away next year as they are 600mhz. That’s also my old laptop sitting on top.

Why are the antennas oriented like that? 

I assume you put bulkhead connectors in.  There are some more sophisticated antennas but if they work you should be good.

I would suggest moving the antennas to the side if you are having any coverage issues.  That much metal in the near field is going to distort the antenna pattern.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Robert Weaver

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2018, 10:45:46 PM »

Why are the antennas oriented like that? 

I assume you put bulkhead connectors in.  There are some more sophisticated antennas but if they work you should be good.

I would suggest moving the antennas to the side if you are having any coverage issues.  That much metal in the near field is going to distort the antenna pattern.

I put them down like that in the event a ball goes over there.  Less likely to damage them.  Those are just to get us through this year.  I havent had any coverage issues.  I do have them attached with bulkhead connectors.  Those antennas run to an older distribution system that powers the wireless receivers. I'm going with 2 more of the System 10 Pro dual units next year when I phase out the AT3000's. 

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2018, 10:49:06 PM »

I put them down like that in the event a ball goes over there.  Less likely to damage them.  Those are just to get us through this year.  I havent had any coverage issues.  I do have them attached with bulkhead connectors.  Those antennas run to an older distribution system that powers the wireless receivers. I'm going with 2 more of the System 10 Pro dual units next year when I phase out the AT3000's.

When you get the new system cruise over to the RF forum and they can help you out selecting an enclosed radome antenna that will protect from errant balls.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2018, 10:49:06 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.