ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New guy. Help needed on 5 new wireless systems  (Read 7117 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: New guy. Help needed on 5 new wireless systems
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 01:25:56 AM »

In your budget range I'd suggest the Mipro ACT-7 series. I don't know if you need all handheld mics or a mix of handhelds and packs, but you could get the ACT-74 quad receiver with whatever transmitters you need, plus a single system, and come out pretty close to your budget amount.

The ACT-7 series transmitters have magnesium alloy metal housings, no doubt better with kids handling them than plastic.

http://avlex.com/product_categories/act-7-series-ultra-wideband-wireless/
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Caleb Johnson

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 06:27:35 PM »

So after some more research we are leaning heavily towards the AT system 10 pro all rack mounted and with a power supply. The front facing antennas will save me from needing antenna distribution for now and I've got the cost down to $360 or so per channel.

Any advice?

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 07:10:04 PM »

You will not get 6 channels of mic out of that system it operates in the 2.4 band.

You were on the right track with BLX or the senny cheap option otherwise honestly go wireless and find a solution to you cabling nightmares, it could be entirely possible you just need to spend some time with the kids to teach them some good stage etiquette and buy a 8 channel drop snake and you will be set for much cheaper.

Do not buy  6 2.4GHz band mics
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 12:45:22 PM »

on the 2.4 ghz range you can load up Inssider software and look at the wifi 2.4 gig signal in your venue.   this will show how congested the 2.4 band will be.  Same with DMX lighting that has some 2.4 wireless gear. 

Getting the Wireless Work bench from shure or the Sennhieser program will help you with Frequency coordination.  because each wireless mic has to be on its own frequency and not blocked by other problems.  TV and such, or computers wifi, DMX 2.4. 

With new devices like thermostats and security devices using 2.4 also you will run the risk of 2.4 being way to busy. 

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »

- Do not get a 2.4ghz wireless system.

- An equipment rack will not really fit well setting on top of the shelf in the picture, at least in the way it looks to me.

- Front mounted or rear mounted do not really make much difference in needing an antenna distro or not. Yes rear mounted antennas will be around all the cabling and if the rack is metal that is not good. With a total of six wireless mics I would get a distro system.

- The Audio Technica 2000 is not that bad for what you want to use them for and they would just make it into your budget, minus the rack and antenna distro system.

- To rack mount the Audio Technica's side by side in a single rack space you will need to the Audio Technica AT8630 joining plates, one plate for every two receivers.

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 09:20:34 AM »

The Audio-Technica joining plates are a joke for what you have to pay for them. Google what they look like, put two of your receivers next to each other upside down, make a paper template, and go to any local sheet metal shop and have them fabricated.
You will have the same thing for a couple of dollars each versus $18 to $25 each.
Scott Hofmann

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 05:08:30 AM »

I attached a picture of WiFi during our service this morning 12 mobile hotspots brought in over and above any phones pinging APS. We have 10 hotspots ourselves for internet and technical networks although all of them are pretty low power apart from one or 2 technical hotspots.

This is why 2.4GHz devices are not recomended.

We would not be able to use a single 2.4GHz mic in this range. Even my current hotspots are quite useless.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 05:08:30 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.