ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Aux-In Circuit Topography?  (Read 16270 times)

Nick Andrews

Re: X32 Aux-In Circuit Topography?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 08:55:48 PM »

Ah, ok...

I misunderstood your application. This would work perfectly well.

So I actually put together a budget rack today ( 6 space skb rack with front and rear rails) x32 rack, power distro, and 6 channels of Shure BLX beta58a wireless , which I also have blx1 body pack systems for with instrument wires and wl184 lavs .... This is meant to be a small grab and go rack for small gigs.

In the process off putting the system together I wondered how it would sound to use the TRS outs from the BLX systems into the Aux in's on the x32 rack. I experimented and compared to the mic pre's side by side and while there was a little bit of a difference, it wasn't anything to drastic at all, and I think will a little eq you could make up for the difference. Point being, it was very usable which to me means that makes this little rack 22 inputs as is without any additional gear which is amazing.

I Hope this is helpful info for someone.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:02:30 PM by Nick Andrews »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 09:18:49 PM »

So I actually put together a budget rack today ( 6 space skb rack with front and rear rails) x32 rack, power distro, and 6 channels of Shure BLX beta58a wireless , which I also have blx1 body pack systems for with instrument wires and wl184 lavs .... This is meant to be a small grab and go rack for small gigs.

In the process off putting the system together I wondered how it would sound to use the TRS outs from the BLX systems into the Aux in's on the x32 rack. I experimented and compared to the mic pre's side by side and while there was a little bit of a difference, it wasn't anything to drastic at all, and I think will a little eq you could make up for the difference. Point being, it was very usable which to me means that makes this little rack 22 inputs as is without any additional gear which is amazing.

I Hope this is helpful info for someone.

There are no preamps on the 1/4 inch inputs.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nick Andrews

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 09:42:52 PM »

There are no preamps on the 1/4 inch inputs.

Hi Tim ,

Yes correct ... I meant I compared the aux in to the xlr channels Which do have mic preamps .... Hope that makes sense

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:49:58 PM by Nick Andrews »

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 02:05:22 PM »

Ha ha ha. I put a sticker over the Behringer logo too...
Brian Jojade

Nick Andrews

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 03:06:35 PM »

Ha ha ha. I put a sticker over the Behringer logo too...

lol makes it sound better man.... didn't you know  ;) I really wish they would release the midas version of the x32 rack... the DL32 and DL16 / M32 stuff really does sound much better. X32 works fine though for most stuff I do.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 02:38:19 AM »

We love our M's with the recent price drop the Delta is so slim I would not invest in any more x32 except for install.

Is it just me but the software is getting long in tooth and the LCD's are way behind current technology.

Would love to see a UI refresh, larger and brighter display and more effects processing in the next release. 

I think we are hitting four years, would have to go look

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Daniel Levi

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 12:52:07 PM »

We love our M's with the recent price drop the Delta is so slim I would not invest in any more x32 except for install.

Is it just me but the software is getting long in tooth and the LCD's are way behind current technology.

Would love to see a UI refresh, larger and brighter display and more effects processing in the next release. 

I think we are hitting four years, would have to go look

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

They seem to be busy with their new synth division at the moment, and as it is going really well (can't keep up with demand) I reckon any refresh is not on the cards at the moment.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 06:54:55 PM »

They seem to be busy with their new synth division at the moment, and as it is going really well (can't keep up with demand) I reckon any refresh is not on the cards at the moment.

The price of the X and M units are down quite a bit from the release pricing. One of the reason's I picked up a M32r. Nice to have mixers like these in the Lounge user price range but I do expect a refresh sooner or later. Still a great time to pick up a feature packed mixer at a value price.
I remember when a mixer with the features like the X32 / M32 have would be in the $10,000 range.
Interesting times.

Douglas R. Allen

Ryan Hammond

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 12:36:56 AM »

That's what it sounds like. While the X/M32 have 40 inputs, they only have full processing on 32 of the inputs. While the PRO 1 has full processing on 40+ inputs. ... and yes, while the X32 and M32 are 48K desks (at the moment), it is rumored that the M32 might be 96k for all 32 channels at some point -- also, the M32 has the PRO series preamps and the same top level Cirrus Logic converters as the other PRO series desks!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:40:33 AM by Ryan Hammond »

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 09:25:00 PM »

Sorry for thread curve, is there any known differences between the outputs, xlr vs TRS?
On my x32r, can i use the TRS outputs for iem transmitter sends the same as xlr's, for a total of 14 assignable & unique outputs?
I know I'm Still limited by the total number of mix buses, but it would allow more stereo mixes to be used than possible with just 8 xlr outputs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 09:25:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.