ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Aux-In Circuit Topography?  (Read 16266 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: X32 Aux-In Circuit Topography?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2017, 12:37:43 AM »

I think you could run an aux output through a channel, and then use the channel delay to get it to the aux output.  But really, if you're that hung up on having delays, just use an XLR connector.  Use the 1/4" outs on things that don't need a delay.
Brian Jojade

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2017, 02:28:49 AM »

Inputs 1 thru 32 have delay available in 0.3ms increments.  Aux inputs do not have delay.

All xlr outputs have a delay line on the routing page.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 12:21:23 PM »

All xlr outputs have a delay line on the routing page.

Yes, we established that previously.  The follow up question was about input delay and if the AUX inputs had that feature.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 12:34:59 PM »

Yes, we established that previously.  The follow up question was about input delay and if the AUX inputs had that feature.

Day late, dollar short. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »

Day late, dollar short.

Speaking of days late, were you ever able to get the MikroTik Metal WAP work for you?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 02:11:56 AM »

Inputs 1 thru 32 have delay available in 0.3ms increments.  Aux inputs do not have delay.
Here it is important to pay attention about the tech stuff. It is not the inputs but rather the channel strips that do the processing.

So, for the first 1-32 channel strips there is full processing including input delay. Anything (within the routing capabilities) can be assigned to those 1-32 channel strips, including the aux inputs.

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2017, 09:31:31 AM »

Just coming back here to say thanks to those who discussed the aux in's & out's.
I wired up my IEM sends today from aux's and it worked great. I also hooked up my axefx into the aux in's, then remapped it to inputs 17/18, leaving 16 usable mic pre's free on my x32r. Happy days to have a little more flexibility than I knew I had, which might come in handy with some upcoming gigs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 06:36:31 AM »

Where it comes in handy is if you're using an X32 rack.  It's got 16 mic level inputs, but you can re-map 6 of the line level inputs to channels and end up with a 22 channel mixer.  I've done that myself, and it works great.
It also comes in handy if you're using an S32 or 2x16, to help get around the limitation of having to patch inputs in banks of 8.  If you wanted just one or two local mic inputs on the X32, you'd have had to assign a bank of 8 local inputs, leaving only 24 inputs from the stage end.

If you assign the local 1-2, 1-4, or 1-6 to the aux inputs, and the remote stageboxes to 1-32, you then have 38 mic channels available.  Only 32 of them will be fully functional (dynamics etc), but some remapping of inputs can easily give you what you need.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »

If I loop a Adat cable from Adat in to Adat out in the back of the ADA8000 now anything plugged into the front XLR's are routed to the 8 XLR's in the back of it. It turns the ADA8000 into a basic 8 XLR in to 8 XLR out pre-amp. So I'd just use an XLR to TRS adapter cable's and feed the Aux in's on the X32 rack.

There is one on Ebay right now for $49 being sold as-is broken because it won't pass inputs to outputs (the auction clearance outfit doesn't know proper use)
-So grab it if you want a cheap one!
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.