ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha QL1 / QL5 with Tio1608-D  (Read 23653 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Yamaha QL1 / QL5 with Tio1608-D
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 02:33:40 PM »

You might want to check the position of dip switch #4 on the TIO.  If your mixer is using Dante redundant mode of operation then I think this switch should be set down.  The default switch setting is UP for the auto-config daisy chain mode of operation.

That might be our answer!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

TomBoisseau

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 10:45:22 PM »

I now have about 12 hours on this issue, but I believe I finally have the problem solved.  To begin with, one of the Tio boxes was defective, in fact, now it won't even power up.  The other Tio box seems fine.

After 6 phone calls to technical support, they finally transferred me to a guy in service who recommended I go back and load the QL1 with v3.02, then v4.02, and then v4.10.  I had trouble with v3.02 not loading the NAME SUB and the Dante file, but I just chose to ignore that.  V4.02 had a problem the Dante file, but on a second attempt all went well.  Finally I loaded in v4.10.  Note, I had already tried reloading v4.10 (with the NAME SUB and the Dante file) a couple times but it never solved the problem with the Tio box.  It was only when I went back a few firmware versions and loaded them all in the order specified above that it worked.

That seems to have solved it.  I'll do some more testing tomorrow just to be sure.

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I'm sure glad I found this out BEFORE I was out on a job!

Tom

Tijo George Thayil

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 05:44:08 AM »

That might be our answer!

-Ray

Did u try changing the cat-5 cable?
:)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 11:52:39 AM »

Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real full name as required by the rules of these forums.

Mac

TomBoisseau

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 09:46:02 PM »

I did. Thank you.  See "Reply #11".  That ended up being the answer. I was pleased to discover it wasn't completely my ignorance!

Tom

Tijo George Thayil

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 03:06:38 PM »

I did as you said.. Thanks

I did. Thank you.  See "Reply #11".  That ended up being the answer. I was pleased to discover it wasn't completely my ignorance!

Tom

Tijo George Thayil

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »

Ignore the previous reply.. That was for Mr. Mac.. :)

I had the same issue with Two Rack and QL-1. And that was on a show day.. Luckily I used another cable and My Dante Virtual Sound Card was connected to QL-1 secondary port, It was working.. SO I thought it was because of the Cable. Later then I figured out it was not the Cable but the QL-1 itself. Coz I tried the Same Tio-1608 to another QL-1 and it was working. So I did a Dante hard reset on the misbehaved QL-1 by pressing and holding the selection keys of both Master faders (A&B, while Power on the mixer. And it started to work.

But on the Next Job I was with a QL-1 and a Rio 1608. Rio was connected to a Shure Mic Rack and a Meyer Galileo, through the secondary port. Primary port was connected to the Console's primary port. On the Console's secondary port, my Dante Virtual Sound card was connected. The show was going well, suddenly The Rio Rack got disconnected, and so the Audio from that as well. Shure Wireless workbench went offline and came back online as well as the Compass software for Galileo. But the Rio Rack did not, until Manually rebooted. Later on I came to know that there was a power switching happened (it switched to the backup power supply)in the hotel's main power supply due to some issue. My console did not turned off or there was no other visible proofs for a power glitch.. (If the Hotel engineering team was not telling this to my client, I'd have got screwed..)

Anybody can help me with this, that came to a conclusion that it could be because of the power glitch the Dante network got compromised. My question is, did this happened because I ran too many external equipments through the same network? or is it because I used the DHCP protocol? I'd be glad if somebody can help.

Admin, Please let me know If I have to start a new post with this issue.. And pls advise me how to get notifications on my mail, at least when I get a reply to my posts.. Thank you..

I did as you said.. Thanks

Tom

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »

But on the Next Job I was with a QL-1 and a Rio 1608. Rio was connected to a Shure Mic Rack and a Meyer Galileo, through the secondary port. Primary port was connected to the Console's primary port. On the Console's secondary port, my Dante Virtual Sound card was connected. The show was going well, suddenly The Rio Rack got disconnected, and so the Audio from that as well. Shure Wireless workbench went offline and came back online as well as the Compass software for Galileo. But the Rio Rack did not, until Manually rebooted. Later on I came to know that there was a power switching happened (it switched to the backup power supply)in the hotel's main power supply due to some issue. My console did not turned off or there was no other visible proofs for a power glitch.. (If the Hotel engineering team was not telling this to my client, I'd have got screwed..)

Tijo, you really need to get a couple of switches. They don't have to be expensive, a $50 switch will work just fine. You are really asking for trouble using a daisy chain for the I/O racks, mics, and the Galileo. If you have a problem with one device you may lose everything farther down the chain. You should also have one at FOH so your DVS can be on the primary port with your line to backstage. With switches you will also be able to use the secondary ports on the console and the stage racks as a redundant network.

Mac

Tijo George Thayil

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 06:42:03 AM »

Thanks Mac.. I am gonna do it.. To be more clear, you are suggesting me to run 2 cat5 cables.. right? One connected to all the other equipments, between the primary ports and another one between the secondary ports, just for Dante.. and to change the Dante settings in the console to redundant.. is there anything I should know? Any dip switches in Rio or Tio racks to be toggled? My DVS is also very important as it handling all the play back.. any suggestions for that?

Tijo, you really need to get a couple of switches. They don't have to be expensive, a $50 switch will work just fine. You are really asking for trouble using a daisy chain for the I/O racks, mics, and the Galileo. If you have a problem with one device you may lose everything farther down the chain. You should also have one at FOH so your DVS can be on the primary port with your line to backstage. With switches you will also be able to use the secondary ports on the console and the stage racks as a redundant network.

Mac

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Yamaha QL1 / QL5 with Tio1608-D
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:00 AM »

Tojo,
I really suggest you get some training on Dante.

https://www.audinate.com/resources/training-and-tutorials

And here

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/mixers/cl/selftraining.jsp

Will be good starts for you. Specifically anything on the Yamaha site related to Dante.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

Yamaha QL1 / QL5 with Tio1608-D
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:00 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.