ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: modified vs pure sine inverter power crown xls1500 amplifer for small dj events  (Read 3128 times)

Will Hodges

I am wanting to create a power supply setup for off grid events using inverters and car battery's (Yes i know I could use a generator but I prefer to not mess with them). I know there are two types pure sine and modified sine wave inverters but being young and on a somewhat on a tight budget would a cheaper modified inverter be safe enough if the amps were being run through a power conditioner bridged between them? 

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN

I am wanting to create a power supply setup for off grid events using inverters and car battery's (Yes i know I could use a generator but I prefer to not mess with them). I know there are two types pure sine and modified sine wave inverters but being young and on a somewhat on a tight budget would a cheaper modified inverter be safe enough if the amps were being run through a power conditioner bridged between them?
"Power conditioners" don't really condition anything. The amp may run on a step sine inverter; your real problem is runtime. Car batteries are designed for starting cars, not continuous loads. Deep cycle batteries are better, but there isn't much energy in one of those either relative to a couple gallons of gas.

The Honda EU series is what you want. They are more expensive than a cheap inverter, but they actually work.

Len Zenith Jr

To expand on what TJ said, I've been a car audio guy running on 12v since 1988. Even with a spiral cell deep cycle battery my car system can only run 6 or 7 minutes cranked. That's high output,  for something more reserved you could possible get a couple hours out of a few batteries at a lesser current rating. Those Honda generators are way lighter and last way longer though! Carry a car battery around for a couple hundred yards and the generator makes way more sense.  Rent if you can't afford to buy one outright.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:31:21 AM by Len Zenith Jr »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth

Best bet on ALL counts is to get the generator.  My first was a Honda EU2000i and it still ticks away happily and quietly.

I've used batteries, wind and solar as well.  Get the generator.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.