ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB LAB HORN crossover and general advice  (Read 3068 times)

Kieran frediani

USB LAB HORN crossover and general advice
« on: March 26, 2017, 02:22:56 PM »

Right I've just prurchased 5 lab horns(eminiamce lab loaded), 2 USBs with celestion Ftr's, and a turbo tms4. I've got a couple questions. Basically at the moment I want to use 4 labs one USB and get some different tops to go on top (recommendations would be handy), so am I right thinkikg that I should cross the labs from 30-80 and the USBs 80-180) or the drop from the tops. I'm also not sure how the impudence would work, they are 6oms drivers wired in parallel so that's 3ohms a cab and could wire them in series parallel to an amp to get a 3ohms load 2 cabs a channel. Is that correct? And will most amps run 3ohms? Should probably add that I'm probably going to get 8 or 12 labs in total to sit under the 2 USBs, what would be good for the top end?
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:08:49 PM by Craig Leerman »

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Re: USB LAB HORN crossover and general advice
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 05:07:41 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Thanks
Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Kieran frediani

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Thanks
Craig

I have done thanks

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:54:50 PM »

Right I've just prurchased 5 lab horns(eminiamce lab loaded), 2 USBs with celestion Ftr's, and a turbo tms4. I've got a couple questions. Basically at the moment I want to use 4 labs one USB and get some different tops to go on top (recommendations would be handy), so am I right thinkikg that I should cross the labs from 30-80 and the USBs 80-180) or the drop from the tops. I'm also not sure how the impudence would work, they are 6oms drivers wired in parallel so that's 3ohms a cab and could wire them in series parallel to an amp to get a 3ohms load 2 cabs a channel. Is that correct? And will most amps run 3ohms? Should probably add that I'm probably going to get 8 or 12 labs in total to sit under the 2 USBs, what would be good for the top end?
Thanks
OK first off what is your budget for tops? 
Second, your going to want to use a digital controller so you can time align all those horn loaded boxes.
Third, I would stick with horn loaded tops.   
Those Turbo boxes you have are loaded with an 18" loudspeaker.  You could run those on top of the labs or the USB cabs by themselves as a two way system instead of the three way idea  you have. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:54:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.