ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pioneer xdj-rx  (Read 3156 times)

Drew Kirkland

• consultant, designer and installation engineerScot
Pioneer xdj-rx
« on: March 23, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »

I have now owned the pioneer XDJ-RX for about a year after spending a few years DJing with first Traktor and then Serato using a series of midi controllers all of which had issues.

The main reason i decided on the pioneer unit was that in my day job i was encountering RekordBox in high end DJ booths on a fairly frequent basis with more and more of the residents i deal with moving over to this platform using DJM/CDJ 2000 series kit and usb drives. The sound quality was obviously superior to the other platforms and the functionality of the RekordBox software seemed to be pretty good.

After setting up the software i had to transfer all my original WAV files back into the mac as the RX does not support FLAC which meant loosing my ID3 tags.

The unit its self is very functional and pretty well laid out, as i said i've been using it for about a year and its been a dependable solid workhorse any issues are pretty minor but i will highlight a few things that may be of interest.

The input gain structure is pretty hot ( by that i mean overly sensitive not sexy) i find that to keep the input gain level in the green it sits around 40% which is pretty low and leaves in my view a ridiculous amount of potential for distortion.

I use the RX in conjunction with my mac which provides excellent search facility and a simple drag and drop system for loading the files, the RX then does the work which means if i have to download tunes mid gig i don't run the risk of crashing the software.

the setup and eq is very "pioneer" as you would expect everything works and it has the usual array of effects which work in a couple of banks allowing you to layer the effects if you are in to that sort of thing. The bass mid and treble controls are functional, the only comment i would add is that it could do with a sub pot for nightclub work.

The Loop function works very well and has the usual functions for pioneer which allow you to select a loop length which you can double and half etc as normal as long as you have analysed your files in advance.

build quality is ok, haven't had any disasters with it, i did invest in a Magma case which helps get it about, its not to heavy and its pretty quick to set up.

in conclusion i am definitely glad i bought it and it has performed pretty well flawlessly at a fairly heavy duty level doing clubs and upmarket parties through quality sound systems. probably one of the best solutions around if you don't want go down the DJM/CDJ route but want a better sound quality than the other major platforms and a lot less hassle with software issues.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

why bother to burn the candle at both ends when you can take a flame-thower to it

ProSoundWeb Community

Pioneer xdj-rx
« on: March 23, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.