ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: different JTR subs together?  (Read 7078 times)

Jeff Permanian

• JTR Speakers Inc.
Re: different JTR subs together?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 01:00:22 PM »

Do you think that a pair of JTR Orbit Shifters would work well with a pair of JTR's new Captivator 218 Pros? While only a little smaller than the OS, the new boxes go down to 22hz (+/- 3db). I was thinking of splitting up the sub frequencies, with the Captivators taking the lower frequencies and the O.S. the higher. Would overlapping some frequencies be beneficial or detrimental. I currently have my O.S. high passed at 30. I do mostly DJ sound so there is music being produced with bass that low.
http://jtrspeakers.com/orbit-shifter-pro.html
http://jtrspeakers.com/captivator-218pro.html

Thanks for your input!

Lance

A pair of Captivator 218pro will have twice the lowend and similar topend output as an Orbit Shifter plus a Captivator 218pro.  Mixing and matching subwoofers hardly ever gives you optimal results.

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »

A pair of Captivator 218pro will have twice the lowend and similar topend output as an Orbit Shifter plus a Captivator 218pro.  Mixing and matching subwoofers hardly ever gives you optimal results.

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I think I will just stay with the Orbit Shifters at this point and pick up the new Captivator 212Pros for smaller gigs. I was trying to kill two birds with one stone but that usually never works out.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »

Mixing and matching subwoofers hardly ever gives you optimal results.
Agreed, but sometimes different types can play well with each other with no ill effects, but people MUST measure and confirm.

Very often, what people are trying to do with different subs is to "get the best of each one" and hoping they will add just fine.

But what they FORGET, is that they are ALSO getting the "worse" or the problems of each one ALONG with the "advantage".

It does not often work out the way they want or like like to think it does.

But every now and then you do get lucky
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jeff Permanian

• JTR Speakers Inc.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 05:42:27 PM »

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I think I will just stay with the Orbit Shifters at this point and pick up the new Captivator 212Pros for smaller gigs. I was trying to kill two birds with one stone but that usually never works out.

We've been getting a lot in inquiries about the new Captivator 212. I have a couple hear that people can listen to however I have to hold on to them for the Axpona Audio Expo in Chicago, April 21-23. We're sponsoring all the live music and are debuting the Captivator 212 there.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 05:42:27 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.