ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Radial BT-PRO......  (Read 3558 times)

Lance Richens

Radial BT-PRO......
« on: March 19, 2017, 06:20:45 PM »

Anyone else purchased one of these? I have always loved Radial products, but this box has less range than any Bluetooth adapter I've used from a cheap $40.00 piece on my Dewalt work radio to my car stereo's. They claim "up to" 40' feet, but I was unable to get away from it 12' or so Friday night in an open room without it dropping out. Not what I was expecting  for $229.00....
Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart.....

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Re: Radial BT-PRO......
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 07:23:38 PM »

I'm not sure what your target use is but I wouldn't trust anything wireless for audio transmission EDIT: and have it work without fail. I think the BT-Pro is a cool gimmick that is nice to have for that guy that shows up with a busted phones out but wouldn't use it for anything mission critical, specially not in a room full of cellphones...

What were the other conditions like in the room at the time, was there a ton of teenagers in the room and 40+ Bluetooth  devices or were you alone in the room. Its a wireless technology so the exact same problems plague it as what plagues rf mics and WiFi, there is very little difference.

Line of sight is also important, did you have it stuck in a metal flight case or under a stageor behind a drum riser or something like that, I feel you are really not giving much information as to the situation the product was used in and then complaining it only reached half it's possible range in best case scenario.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Lance Richens

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »

This was at a small bar gig. Completely empty room during soundcheck when I first noticed it. I like it for between set music at gigs. Especially when I'm just sitting across the room mixing from an Ipad. Had it sitting on top of the mixer rack. Tried it in several different positions....

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 07:35:27 PM »

I've used it in demo situations a few times, and it worked great.  I don't know about live, but that's more an issue with Bluetooth than Radial. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Don Ernst

• Ernst Audio Services, Inc
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 11:21:05 PM »

I have one that I have been using at gigs for about 3 months.  Not 1 dropout or problem so far.  I have mine in the console doghouse and my iPod is never more than 5 feet away.
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Mike Santarelli

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:11 AM »

Not sure about the radial but I'm going to buy the switchcraft 318bt. Supposedly has more range and is powered by phantom.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 12:02:45 PM »

I haven't used mine in anger yet, but it worked fine in simple testing.
I got it mostly for clients' music.
For BG music I use my FiiO.
WAY better sound quality.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 02:24:47 PM »

I still believe that for the most part, bluetooth is a lousy medium for a professional service.

Don E, your iThingy has an audio output, it lives in/on your mixer doghouse.  Why a $200 box to replace the $5 cable?

Just curious, as this seems to one of the few interface models from Radial that I can see easily living without...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Lance Richens

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 11:33:39 PM »

I love Bluetooth for small gigs with a magician, hypnotist, dance group, when they have their music on their own phone and want to control it themselves. Also at bar gigs when I want to mix out front from my Ipad and have my phone with me to play Pandora on breaks without having to leave it on stage.....

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 01:21:47 AM »

I love Bluetooth for small gigs with a magician, hypnotist, dance group, when they have their music on their own phone and want to control it themselves. Also at bar gigs when I want to mix out front from my Ipad and have my phone with me to play Pandora on breaks without having to leave it on stage.....

You don't have a license to use Pandora for commercial performances.  All of the stated uses are great until it doesn't work some day. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 01:21:47 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.